A box lot of treasures......

James Fischer

PCS Member
I went to a local fire equipment and memorabilia swap yesterday......

It was open to vendors at 7am...I got there at 6:45 with a friend who was swapping hoses and nozzles etc......after helping him set up I started looking around about 7:30 (show did not open till 8 for public).....
I found a swapper who had a U Haul truck full of "boxed lots"......they were all priced and ready for sale....most were fire apparatus...but there was one I spotted with a Q in the box...the price was written on box.....$350.00......
He did not allow any rummaging thru boxes...but did guarentee any electrical items to work.......
In this case he did let me look at the Q and it seemed a good price ..he said it was removed from a "Series 900 American LaFrance"......
I purchased the box......also in the box was 4 red/amber lights in housing removed from same truck.....and 5 S-6 Unitys in differant states of repair...and 3 "Pull here for Fire" red wall boxes.......quite an assortment for $350......
Also purchased a Hare Traction in bag for $10.00 an Federal 184 in box that had been shipped from John Dorgan for $140.00.....and several mis matched sealed beams for 2/$5.00......all in all a pretty good hunt......:clap:
If anyone is familiar with what number RED sealed beam is used to replace a regular headlight please reply......I was told at the show it would be a GE 4001R ??
But not sure of that.....
Thank you for the read and the help !!
Jim

I like your post. I would have loved your post if it had included pictures. I like looking at other people's treasures. :thumb:

Bruce you are correct....

I will post some pictures as soon as I get the items.....they are still in my friends trailer...we did not get a chance to unpack last night because his son had hit his head in the pool and they had to go to the ER.....:confused:

GE4001R....... 2 prong hig beam bulb... I have a number of 4002R bulbs, which are the high/low beam in red if anyone is interested.
NOTICE:.. I mistakenly typed the part number as 4000R, when it should have been 4002R. I have corrected this mistake. Paul

Attachments

• MVC-004L.JPG
    MVC-004L.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 591
  • MVC-005L.JPG
    MVC-005L.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 509
  • MVC-013L.JPG
    MVC-013L.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 307
I might have to deal you out of some as the ones I have for the stoner are a miss match of spot, fog,flood and sealed beams

that numbers sound right for the high beams in a 4 headlight system. the r would be red

SO.......if GE 4001R is HIGH BEAM for a 4 headlight system......
and
GE 4000R is High/Low beam .......
what
is a GE 4002R ??

A 4001R was mounted on one side and a 4002R on the other side ????????:stars:

Are they interchangable as far as warning lights go ??

Thank you Ed !!

Paule echoed me the 00 is the 3 prong the 01 is the 2 prong the 02 may be the spot. 2 prong. so does it have a primison cut in it or is the lens smooth? they are all labled on the bottom and or stamped on the back side what they are for. all the r means is red a B or Y would be the same number.

From old GE reference 4001 is the high beam, 4002 is the matching low beam in a four light system. If memory serves me right the front /rear tunnel lights on my 76 are 4001's also, but I'd have to check to be sure.

Paule echoed me the 00 is the 3 prong the 01 is the 2 prong the 02 may be the spot. 2 prong. so does it have a primison cut in it or is the lens smooth? they are all labled on the bottom and or stamped on the back side what they are for. all the r means is red a B or Y would be the same number.

Okay...I think I got it......

both the 4001 and 4002 I have are identical...they are cut and not smooth....they are both 3 prong and say SIGNAL on the back....and
According to Tims post the 4002 would be the matching low beam in a 4 light system.....question answered....thank you !

Last edited:
thanks that clears it up. the 4000 has a thicker filament for the shock. probily cost a buck more. but would be a good choice for the wigwags as it would last longer.

Back