Interesting Nomadillac aka Cadillac

James Fischer

PCS Member
Was at a 3 day car show this week-end in the Sierra foothills with over 600+ cars registered and this was one of the more interesting ones......:thumb:

The 76 yo gentleman that owned it said he made it for his wife because she wanted a 50's Nomad station wagon.....but he did not want to spend the money on a REAL Nomad,so he took the family Cadillac and did this to it...says it only took him only 9 months...and now everyone is HAPPY !!

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Last edited:
James, we're seeing the red [X] because you've linked to photos that, I think, are in a Hotmail e-mail. You see them just fine since you are registered to that Hotmail account. But we're not registered for your Hotmail account, so we can't access them.

Can you save the pictures to your computer, then attach them to the post? Then we can see.

Here are James' photos of said "Nomadillac". Certainly different. Have to appriciate the work that went into it.

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

Glad i could help you out Jim! I know everyone was itching to see it, myself included!

Nice pictures! At first I was skeptical of this being homade because there were companies that built these, and how many times have we all heard "the previous owner always wanted a cadillac pickup so he built this" and after looking it ends up being a coachbuilt flower car. but after looking closer I do believe (as you stated) this is a homebuilt.
All the conversions I have seen have a more sleek tailgate, with no remains of a trunk lid like this one.

Nice pictures! At first I was skeptical of this being homade because there were companies that built these, and how many times have we all heard "the previous owner always wanted a cadillac pickup so he built this" and after looking it ends up being a coachbuilt flower car. but after looking closer I do believe (as you stated) this is a homebuilt.
All the conversions I have seen have a more sleek tailgate, with no remains of a trunk lid like this one.

John
The man did have pictures documenting the entire process...he said his last project was also a Cadillac.......he took 2 1970 Devilles and cut the center out and grafted the front of one to the rear of the other.also kept dash and steering wheel on rear... it only had one bench seat which had a "swivel" backrest.....he said it was tons of fun watching people trying to figure it out...
he sold it to a Hollywood movie company who wanted to use it in a NAKED GUN movie....

Back