Ted Kennedy 's Hearse.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Just seen the Kennedy hearse in motorcade to Boston on the news. A 2008 or 2009 black S&S Master Peace Cadillac . Of couse with no rear tags. A production of Dignity Memorial.

Just saw that too

It is almost a "given" nowadays that a black S&S Masterpiece will be used for high-profile politicians / government-type funerals.

Nice car, but I wish they'd use a limousine-style version.

Good possibility that it is on loan to some local funeral director, and that is is from the inventory of a S & S dealer. Anyone recognize if it is a 2009 or earlier model?

It is almost a "given" nowadays that a black S&S Masterpiece will be used for high-profile politicians / government-type funerals.

Nice car, but I wish they'd use a limousine-style version.

Amen to that! If you have a flag draped casket, why would want anything else but a limousine style coach.

And for what it is worth, I did see the nameplates in the window, but I cannot recall the name of the firm.

Amen to that! If you have a flag draped casket, why would want anything else but a limousine style coach.

And for what it is worth, I did see the nameplates in the window, but I cannot recall the name of the firm.

Doane Beal & Ames, a Cape Cod funeral home. They just buried Ted's sister last week. The kennedy's always bring the casket to their home. I like that old tradition.

Doane Beal & Ames, a Cape Cod funeral home. They just buried Ted's sister last week. The kennedy's always bring the casket to their home. I like that old tradition.

When I was in school in Nashville the funeral home I worked at while there we took a casket to the home on two occasions. Something you seldom hear of now.

When I was in school in Nashville the funeral home I worked at while there we took a casket to the home on two occasions. Something you seldom hear of now.

Seldom done Jeremy but something I love to do. Only did it twice in my 40 plus years in this business. Told Terri when I go I want to be layed out in my home. She said, "I hope you are still with Holiday Inn because she would be staying there".:eek:

Year of the coach

It is virtually impossible to tell the year of an S&S coach from 2006-2009. I suppose there may be some minor interior trim differences (and I have doubts about even that), but the exteriors look exactly the same to me.

Personally, I think the 2000 - 2002 Masterpieces looked better with the forward slanted "C" pillar. I know of one funeral director (PCS member Chad Oolman) who had an '03 Masterpiece specially built with that feature because he did not like the redesigned "C" pillar with the rearward slant.

I kept wondering what the "Bump" was in the center of the roof.

Since it's a GM product I assumed it was the Radio antennae but why so far back? Can't see them having On-star in a Commercial coach.

I kept wondering what the "Bump" was in the center of the roof.

Since it's a GM product I assumed it was the Radio antennae but why so far back? Can't see them having On-star in a Commercial coach.

Yes it is for the On Star. Up close they look like a shark fin. I always thought they could find a better place for it also. Not sure what year they started putting them on the coaches, but I do know that it has been a few years now.

Back