Flea markets and Funeral stuff

I just spent the morning going to a few flea markets and OMG ! are people stupid ????? the prices some people are asking are soooooooooo far out of wack ! I was looking for anything to do with Funeral's or Ambulances guys are trying to sell road signs for $50-$75 !! omg its a STOP Sign and this guy looked at me and said $ 55 I said are you kidding me ? it was most likely stolen and there is one at EVERY CORNER in the counrty ! ITS NOT RARE !!!

I think people are watching way too much T.V. and they think they are sitting on GOLD !

the only thing I did find was a wooden Yard stick from the maybe 1920's with writing on it .....it says A.D. Bennett Co. Campbellford, Ontario, High class Furniture ? ( I think it was misspelled ) Upholstering, Picture Framing and FUNERAL SERVICE.........$ 5.00 not bad

ok I'm done with my Rant ! :beatdeadhorse5:

This is nothing new Mike.

At the automotive flea markets I often buy hub caps or license plates for barn decor at a 1.00 or 2.00.

The same hub cap could easily sell for 65.00 at the next booth or to a guy in need of it.

It is like poker, you learn when to hold your bucks and when to pass them on.

Sounds like you stole that ruler !
5.00 for something over 80 years old to me is fantastic.

Keep an open mind and remember... the hunt is what keeps us going !

Darren

judging the market and pricing an item is tricky business. Flea market vendors frequently fall into 2 categories: Those that price their stuff like Mike says and expecting to make a profit so they can retire early. And those that have a lot of junk and are selling it at junk prices.
I am not much of a haggler, so I don't do joint like that except for the entertainment value. I mean, if you have some self esteem issues, it is one of the greatest places to go. Just like going to a state fair, you are going to see some real interesting examples of humanity. And sometimes the food is good....

a lot of these indoor flea markets the vendors have to pay rent every month, so they want top prices....and all they have is crap ! tea cups, dishes, books, magazines, nick nacks..... there is one guy in this one indoor Flea market I went to today he had sh*% all over the place u couldn't move but when I asked him about something that I was looking at he told me a price that made me laugh. It was something that were made in the MILLIONS but to him it was rare ! if he would been a salesman ...he would have made a sale today.....instead he was sitting there reading his comic books !

ok I'm getting worked up again ! lol

a lot of these indoor flea markets the vendors have to pay rent every month, so they want top prices....and all they have is crap ! tea cups, dishes, books, magazines, nick nacks..... there is one guy in this one indoor Flea market I went to today he had sh*% all over the place u couldn't move but when I asked him about something that I was looking at he told me a price that made me laugh. It was something that were made in the MILLIONS but to him it was rare ! if he would been a salesman ...he would have made a sale today.....instead he was sitting there reading his comic books !

ok I'm getting worked up again ! lol

lol ok get calm, since these scripted show everyones a picker now, at least people are not seeing this stuff as junk and just dumping it. prices will get normal soon

I was once at a flea market,saw a diecast that I wanted,but picked it up looked at the price and went on to other stuff,my friend who was with me yelled at me that's the one your looking for,any chance of bargaining just went out the door,but as Darren said, its the joy of the hunt,that makes it exciting...

I was at an indoor swap meet today, looking at a part on a table. Another fellow walked up and picked up a part, and asked how much it was. The seller replied "three". The guy put it into his pocked and started to walk away, when the seller yelled at him to come back and pay for it. The "buyer" thought that the seller had said "free"... make you wonder what that person was thinking. He put it back on the table and walked away. Seller comment to me, that for now on, it is either $2 or $4, but definitely not three...

Back