Cast Iron Horse drawn Hearse

I'm excited to share that I purchased this cast iron horse drawn hearse and 59 flower car from one of my FD's. The cast iron hearse was presented to a FD long ago with the Stewart operation and when he died the widow gave it to Robert one of my FD's who was with Stewart at that time.

Attachments

• fc2.jpg
    fc2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 244
  • fc1.jpg
    fc1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 249
I'm excited to share that I purchased this cast iron horse drawn hearse and 59 flower car from one of my FD's. The cast iron hearse was presented to a FD long ago with the Stewart operation and when he died the widow gave it to Robert one of my FD's who was with Stewart at that time.

Always liked the looks of those cast iron horse drawn. Some for sale on ebay. The Iowa company also produced a cast iron Model T hearse.

I can remember playing with cast iron toys. I never had any of my own I from the aura rubber years but one place were we would week end that belonged to my dad's boss had a big stash of them. The one that sticks to mind is a Ford try motor that the props would spin when you pushed it across the floor.

Any time you see a Phillips head screw in anything cast iron, you know it's not very old. Old cast iron pieces were never welded together and never had Phillips head screws.

Back