Whats the metal trough for ?

That is where the partition or cabinets should be.

I hope someone is not trying to make a Ecto clone out of this.

Bingo, Josh. See the obligatory " Ghost Busters" backpack and gear in the pic. This was a US Air Force ambulance so don't know if it was originally bare-bones or partition/cabinets were removed.....thanks for answer to my question.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 148
I just purchased a 1973 C/B ex-USAF Oldsmobile ambulance. I have not received it yet, but it is supposedly in the same original condition as it was while in service, except for exterior paint. There is no divider or cabinet between the driver/passenger seat and the patient area. I do not know if a metal trough is present behind the seat in my ambulance. Is it possible that an oxygen bottle was stored horizontally there? Are there any signs of retaining straps. etc? I have seen other USAF C/B Olds ambulances without a divider, as well as an Army C/B Olds with a cabinet behind the seat.

I just purchased a 1973 C/B ex-USAF Oldsmobile ambulance. I have not received it yet, but it is supposedly in the same original condition as it was while in service, except for exterior paint. There is no divider or cabinet between the driver/passenger seat and the patient area. I do not know if a metal trough is present behind the seat in my ambulance. Is it possible that an oxygen bottle was stored horizontally there? Are there any signs of retaining straps. etc? I have seen other USAF C/B Olds ambulances without a divider, as well as an Army C/B Olds with a cabinet behind the seat.

Wow, bet you're excited to take delivery, John. I'm not the only one who'd like to see any pics of your '73. You know, I'm taken with the simple features of these CB Oldsmobiles. Clean, simple and functional. NICE !

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 155
the angle suggest there might have been a divider. if there was a set of cabinets they would have been built out on the floor at the head of the gurney. one would find the holes were they were screwed to the floor. same at the door pillars were the divider was fastened. CB did good selling to the DOD. and small stuff like the divider could be easily left off. the blue is there standard interior color. my 72 was dyed green over it. all the army had the pea green interiors. you'll find the military ambulances a vary simple car. like this set they were mostly sent to either city or county services on the dollar sale.

Here are some photos of my 1972 Olds C/B ex-USAF ambulance provided by the seller. I will have better photos available after I receive it.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 94
Nice rig

Hey John,
Great pics and great rig. She sure looks complete and in good shape. Keep us posted on delivery and progress....and , of, course, with plenty of pictures. Best of luck with your great looking olds !

the rear shot of the 70 notice the back of the seat. CB was the only one to put that guard on it from the factory. it's just a chopped piece of trim but it keeps the seat edge for getting beat up. looks hoke when new but 40 years latter the edge is not all chewed up like most. and the seat back only needs cleaned

here is a rear shot of the Seville from when it was listed on e-bay. check out that color look familiar

Attachments

• 1972 cb combo 3.jpg
    1972 cb combo 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 72
Back