Cot Question

Michael Mykulak

PCS Member
Does anyone have pictures of how the cot bar secures the cot to the wall? So far I have not seen a coach in person that has this feature in use. Hard to photograph in such a tight area I suppose. I will be installing the option back into our Sovereign and am curious how it operates. The holes are still in the rear compartment side walls so it's evident it was installed at one time. And the imprint is still obvious from where the long vertical brackets were.

you brought the brackets and the bar. I'll show you how to use them. everthing is adjustable. the N30 and #27 take the same mount. the front hook catches on the front post the trip is the handle. push it in and it opens the rear hook. then slide the gurney over and release it. here is the set up in my old 72 yours of course will be on the left

Attachments

• #30 cot bar.jpg
    #30 cot bar.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 145
How does the cot look when it is attached to the cot bar. It puzzles me because one clamps horizontally and the other clamps vertically. If you you don't have pictures that show the cot attached, please do not go to the extra trouble because of me, it was just difficult to understand how the system operated together well enough to securely attach all the weight to this type of arrangement, and not loose a cot out the rear door.

the slide holds the cot lock on the fender well. the gurney clips in between the hooks on the lock. the front part of the back hook is spring loaded and slides forward to open by pushing on the end of the handle. the spring loaded part was what the fed's did not like and the not keeping the cot in place in a rollover. that lead to the angle wings or horn lock for the front side.

Back