73 M-M Duplex light demonstration.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Here is my first attempt at recording and posting a video on YouTube! It is my 73 M-M combo from last Saturday nights Snow White Cruise-In in Lebanon. Enjoy!!!!:071:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qhy5HguAQw[/ame]

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::toocool::alc:

Here's a few pics as well!

Attachments

• Snow White March 2010 028.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 028.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Snow White March 2010 030.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 030.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Snow White March 2010 015.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 015.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 156
A few more!

Attachments

• Snow White March 2010 017.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 017.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Snow White March 2010 018.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 018.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Snow White March 2010 039.jpg
    Snow White March 2010 039.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 160
Oh Jeremy, "I LIKE IT!". Nice job. That night light show made it look almost as bright as my Lifeliner and "I LOVE" that defib you've got there.

Looks great!!!

Duplex Equipped

MIKEY FROM CA likes it too! It's nice when you can find and show it with all the period correct equipment. Look's GREAT! MM

Jeremy,
VERY nice coach. There are a couple of items that you may want nto address though. First, the Fireball should be blacked out in the back and drivers side at least to preclude blinding the driver. Second, how about red alternately flashing headlights? The comments should not be construed derogatively, but rather in a constructive manner.
John Dorgan

Jeremy,
VERY nice coach. There are a couple of items that you may want nto address though. First, the Fireball should be blacked out in the back and drivers side at least to preclude blinding the driver. Second, how about red alternately flashing headlights? The comments should not be construed derogatively, but rather in a constructive manner.
John Dorgan

Thanks for the comments John! Actually, somewhere in my collection of stuff, I have one of those little green or black covers for a Fireball light to keep the folks in the front cab from being blinded, just gotta find it! And on the grille flashers, I did think about going the red high beam route. BUT, the only reason I didn't is I didn't think it would look right with red high beam bulbs in hearse mode if shown or ever used that way, so I went with the lights behind the grille. Seen them on another combo that way and I liked the looks of that better on a combo although I do have the correct red bulbs to use as high beam flashers if I ever do change my mind or get a high top ambulance one day!:toocool:

Jeremy,
John Dorgan

Hey Jeremy!

Love the youtube clip and pictures!

The Datascope MD-3 was a nice touch as well... but unfortunately was not available until late 1978. Still period correct if the Duplex was in sevice in '79 as an ALS unit.

Onward and Upward!

Rick

Hey Jeremy!

Love the youtube clip and pictures!

The Datascope MD-3 was a nice touch as well... but unfortunately was not available until late 1978. Still period correct if the Duplex was in service in '79 as an ALS unit.

Onward and Upward!

Rick

Thanks Rick! I knew that Datascope was of late 70's early 80's vintage but didn't really know a year on it for sure. Neat piece to display, and hopefully one day in a hightop ambulance! And it only cost me $15 at a county surplus auction a couple years ago too! What generation would that MD-3 have been behind the units used on EMERGENCY! ? As early as 1978 it could even be the same vintage as me!

Datascope MD-3

The MD-3 was the answer to the Physio-Control LifePak 5, which was about 6years after Emergency went off the air.:specool:

There were a lot of features to this device that were totally new to EMS, including a Lithium Battery Pack, Larger Screen and Switchable Paddles, Delayed Recorder, Freeze and Record and Idiot Proof Synchronization. I still have one from '79 and believe it or not, it still works!

It was cutting edge in '79 :cool:

The MD-3 was the answer to the Physio-Control LifePak 5, which was about 6years after Emergency went off the air.:specool:

There were a lot of features to this device that were totally new to EMS, including a Lithium Battery Pack, Larger Screen and Switchable Paddles, Delayed Recorder, Freeze and Record and Idiot Proof Synchronization. I still have one from '79 and believe it or not, it still works!

It was cutting edge in '79 :cool:

Don't have the leads or a charger for mine so I don't know if it works or not for sure. Other than that its fairly complete even with the white zippered supply bag attached to the handle! And heavy too! :wowguy: What would have one of these cost new?

Back