Photoshopped or real?

That is a Miller Meteor 36 Ful-Vu-Lite lens, as pictured here...

attachment.php

As long as we are discussing this, anyone care to guess the original color of the car.. Hint.. It was only painted once.... at the Miller Meteor factory. Omaha Orange or Bolero Red???

I'm wounder what difference it makes. if the cut it out, it does have the pixelation around it and pasted on another piece of paper then clam they just took a pictures of it and have it for sale they may . or it could just be a pictures ten years old and they still are offering something they don't have for sale. either way it's bleached out by the sun and not a of of value unless you can get one more like it to mount on the rear.

Ill say real, it's the same lenses used on the ambulance in "Avalanche!" and The Fall Guy..

I was sceptic when I watched the movie about those amber Full-Vus; grabbed on the IMCDB website:

Now the question is why do they installed an amber beacon on an emergency vehicle..?

I would say Bolero Red in reference to the car color. When I called Grimes Aviation I was told that the lenses could be ordered in green as well.

My guess is photoshopped. It is possible to take the whole photo and change some colors, particularly to lighten/yellow the red to make it look amber when there isn't anything else that's red in the photo to compare to.

As for the ambulance from the movie, I think that's just distortion from a bright bulb in the light and it being blurry. Look at the photo below (*note, I did lighten it just a bit but did not otherwise adjust the color). If it were blurry from movement and from being a photo of a DVD of a movie made years ago, and if it was from the front and not the side, it might look like the whole light was amber as well. But I can assure you, since that's a Ful-Vu on my M-M, that the light is red.

But I could be wrong...

Attachments

• 70MMCadVolLichtman4.jpg
    70MMCadVolLichtman4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 234
I would say Bolero Red in reference to the car color. When I called Grimes Aviation I was told that the lenses could be ordered in green as well.

And blue. I remember the Worcester, MA police department (who drove the ambulances then) purchased two, 1966 low-top MM ambulances. The cars were white over blue with blue Grimes lights on all 4 corners of the roof.

By the way, did you see I used the term "drove"? I remember they took my neighbor out of the house, placed her in the back of the '66 and then both police men got in the front and drove to the hospital!

Ill say real, it's the same lenses used on the ambulance in "Avalanche!" and The Fall Guy.

Now the question is why do they installed an amber beacon on an emergency vehicle..?

why not? amber would be a warning color as will as white. they went to blue also to pick up different people. in Lovelock Nevada the cruisers had green, red, yellow, blue, and white light on top.

beings as I have the car here and can read the MM tag I'll pass on comment on the color

Back