1968 M&M Ambulance

Paul Cichon

PCS Member
To show all of you out there in PCS Land that I do enjoy the ambulance, I am posting four photos of the one that got away! These were taken in March 1984 and it had 35,000 miles on it. She was original with no rust! A local volunteer fire dept. was auctioning her off. Bids were to be sent by mail and I was told my bid, although much higher than the winning bid, arrived just minutes:cry::cry::cry: late! I didn't find out about the auction until it was nearly over. So instead of finding a pampered home in my garage, she became the property of a rural mail carrier who carried lots of large packages and boxes. Need I continue?

Attachments

• 1968M&M.jpg
    1968M&M.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 1968M&M2.jpg
    1968M&M2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 1968M&M3.jpg
    1968M&M3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 452
  • 1968M&M4.jpg
    1968M&M4.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 475
Richard save that interior shot and the next time Bill gives you grief over the lifeliner drag it out. talk about stuffed full. hate to see one go for that purpose maybe you could have contacted the carries and traded him a cargo van for it. gas as high as it is bet he did not use it long.

Thank you for sharing these excellent photos, Paul. It never ceases to amaze me how some cars survived and others didn't. This was a great car that you narrowly missed and it did not get saved. Other cars, like Larri Dirks' 1976 M-M combination, were on the brink of no return (from being in the wrong hands after retirement) when suddenly, caring and able PCS members came along and saved them.

Wonder if this rig ever delivered an issue of The Professional Car...?? :bonk:

Paul, thanks for sharing the pics, hopefully shes stil around and ended up in a PCS members hands. You never know. Love the car in your avatar. Do you have any pics of it you can share, and some info about it?

Josh

The vehicle you see is my 1949 Superior which I drove to Albany this year. I'll attach a few photos.

Attachments

• 1949 SuperiorMorticia3.jpg
    1949 SuperiorMorticia3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 362
  • R1-19A.jpg
    R1-19A.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 347
Interior

Here are some interior shots of Paul's beautiful car that I took in Albany this year.

Attachments

• 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 304
Back