check this one out

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we had to make the run up to Sturgis as for the political climet in your VA system it was were they wanted to look for my head. so took the wife around to a few of the places while killing time before we checked in. anyone interested posted some pictures here. http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2011-11-04/10:58:20

but I remember this old caddy ambulance that sat out side the gear flower storage place. so the gate was down and I took the hint that it was OK to drive in and take a couple pictures. I remember first seeing this car sitting here in the 80s. we would run this route from Faith to home when I worked for the chevy dealer up there. I wasn't into pro cars at that time and only notice it was a old caddy. will now with all this new knowledge I have gained around you guys I can say it a 73 superior high top setting still here for the last 30 years. the insides are stuffed full and no I have no idea who owns it. but it's still there and I can truthfully say I have fixed worse.

now the car hauler was built up for parades and advertising for the Broken Spoke camp ground and bar. wish I had the money to make something like this and then just let it set out side all winter . it would make a nice pro car hauler. I could not resist tossing the the pictures of hard luck Harry's homestead. what a view to step out to every morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1159a.jpg
    IMG_1159a.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 332
Pictures

ED,
A great looking car for sure, but you always provide some of the nicest landscape pictures !
Thanks !! :specool::myopinion:

Nice car looks savable. If you can find an address you can always find a owner. My latest adventure I found the owner of building thru the property tax office, which had a former funeral home thats not in business anymore.

Sturgis is about 100 miles from me. we don't get up there that often. but like I said we drove buy this one a lot when we lived north of it. sitting in the same spot I really don't think it has moved. I have heard the name of the man who owned it. you can see the airplanes under the cover next to it. the bare spot beside it says he must let things go sometime. so a stop down to the locale gas station or up to the visitors center at Bear butte or a call to the sheriff's dep would get one the name and most likly his phone number. me I really don't want another high top, least of all a superior. but I did wounder if it was still there. about a year ago someone told me it was. what better way to kill time then go look at a pro car in any condition.

will I guess you could say they are saved. they just need used. the old high top has been sitting there a long time.

I would rather have that 54 5 window car hauler on the new chassis. leaving it parked up there on that hill all winter to me is a shame. man makes that that kind of money off a place in 2 weeks could at least have a pole barn to put stuff in.

Back