Anybody got the flxible book?

I need some information on where my purse was delivered and when but I don't want to spend 2 to $500 for the book on all flexible vehicles that were made does anybody here have that book to let me know some information out of it possibly a page or two of pictures

I need some information on where my purse was delivered and when but I don't want to spend 2 to $500 for the book on all flexible vehicles that were made does anybody here have that book to let me know some information out of it possibly a page or two of pictures

Welcome to the PCS forum!

I'm a bit confused - I presume you mean hearse, first off? However - I hope I'm misinterpreting that you're trying to get "bootleg" scans from fellow PCS member Tom McPherson's book? I ended up with a copy from another PCS member for a bit less than the "2 to $500" you quoted and don't even own a Flxible professional car. There are folks here who have the book and may be willing to sell it, if you wish! I think his books are very much worth what I've paid to read/own them.

I'm sure if you're more specific about the Flxible vehicle you have and what you need, folks will come out of the woodwork to help you. What you are looking for (and more!) may be out there and given freely, but maybe not be in the book either. It was a surprise to me that many of these cars are "known" to folks who are members, and what they're willing to share if asked nicely. Join the PCS, by the way! Been great for me.

Flxible made busses and procars, but I've never heard of purses - but who knows; I'm new at this.

The Flxible book isn't a definitive list of deliveries; it only shows a cross section of vehicles over the years. If you'll send the author (Tom McPherson) the Flxible serial number from your car, he can tell you where it was sold new. He can be contacted through the book's publisher, Specialty Vehicle Press.

I am happy to sell you a brand new copy of the book signed by the author of the book for 100.00 plus shipping.

Will be 98.00 more than 2.00 but 400.00 less than 500.00.

A must have if you are a Flxible owner or procar enthusiast,

Darren

Dammmit.... not purse... HEARSE lol

That is what I get for using my cell phone with auto correct! UGH... Now I will be shamed for all my duration here.... I might as well log out, cancel my name and start over under an "assumed" name in hiding.

I have a 1962 Buick Flxible HEARSE.....

Don't take it the wrong way man !

No need to do anything, you already have. You explained the spell check error. All good.

You have a 1962 Buick Flxible HEARSE !!! Be proud !

By the way, the latest Professional Car Society club magazine just covered those cars in the last issue filling mailboxes right now.

If you have never seen a copy of the magazine, now is the time to get a copy through the club store. It will blow you away how incredible it is for only 40.00 per year.

See a copy of the magazine here along with the membership form.

http://www.theprofessionalcarsociety.org/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

All is good Steve !

Welcome to the Professional Car Society and we all want to see photos of your car.

Post a link to photos so we can see them.

Darren

Here is the info you wanted... still buy the book because this info isn't in it and the INFO came from the same guy who holds the Flxible factory records... Tom McPherson...

We've seen this pink lady before. At some point in its life, it has had the front fenders - or the front clip - replaced with components from a LeSabre - note the three port holes in lieu of the four that always appeared on Flxible-Buicks. This is a Premier limousine-style combination car (FB62-62) that was Flxible's body #18198. It was sold by C.V. Whithorne & Company of Tarzana - Flxible's California dealer. The car was delivered on January 22, 1962 to Miller & Skelton Funeral Home in Sacramento, California. The motor number is/was 4I-1018819. Flxible delivered 76 Premier professional cars in 1962 and this was one of just 44 Premier combination cars built that year (there were 16 funeral cars and 16 Premeir ambulances as well). The car has deteriorated since we last saw it but, looks complete and readily restorable.

Keep your head up and enjoy your ride,
Darren

Back