Mike McDonald's Criterion

Sent from Mike McDonald, his "new" '74 M-M Cadillac Criterion is looking good:

Last night was it's first public appearance (at Escondido's Cruising Grand) since being completely refurbished THX-MM

Chain of Ownership:

1: City of Stanwood (WA) (*) Operated under contract with Gilbertson's Funeral Home
2: Lewis County (WA) Fire Department
3: PCS Member Kevin Lynch, Venice (FL)
4: Dr. Mark Tamsen (Advertising for Emergency Care Dynamics) San Diego (CA)
5: A.J. Heightman (Editor in Chief JEMS & Business Partner of Jim Page) San Diego (CA)
6: PCS Member Mike McDonald (Western Heavy Equipment) Escondido (CA)

Attachments

• 1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 001.jpg
    1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 248
  • 1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 002.jpg
    1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 003.jpg
    1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 003.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 004.jpg
    1974 CADILLAC M-M CRITERION AMBULANCE RA-741 004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 248
Thanks for rescuing yet another one that was headed in a very bad direction Mike!! You do incredible work!

glad to see it out in a condition that brings pride to what your group does. one question was this the light configuration they originally had? as if I have my facts straight this is a replica of one that was used by this service. It's great that we can fallow the trail of a car threw it's transformations. next is owners pride in the magazine. :thumbsup:

glad to see it out in a condition that brings pride to what your group does. one question was this the light configuration they originally had? as if I have my facts straight this is a replica of one that was used by this service. It's great that we can fallow the trail of a car threw it's transformations. next is owners pride in the magazine. :thumbsup:

ED: I never had a clear front shot of this ambulance when it was 1st in service brand new with the City of Stanwood (WA) or for that matter in it's 2nd life with the Lewis County FD. In the original build-bid spec's to M-M from the City of Stanwood it was painted a medium metallic blue and white and made reference to a full width light bar. The ONLY (distant-rear-quarter-side view) picture I had of it showed what (may have been) a Federal Twinsonic?? Kevin Lynch added the Federal "Q" and the Twin CP-100's. A.J. Heightman added the Twin 888's. The red and white paint scheme was what Kevin Lynch had painted it and we kept the same scheme <except> this time we painted the hood (all red) instead of red and white. Again we had no "in-service" pictures of it in service with the Lewis County FD, nor could we get any current information from them, but made the assumption that red and white would be a "close guess" for a Fire Department Operated Ambulance. The Lewis County FD Logo shown was created here. THX-MM

Mike, I remember seeing the pictures of this when it was first for sale, and Kevin Lynch still has a photo on his website. When he bought it, it definitely had a Whelen strobe lightbar, the one with the rounded ends (before the Edge series), at that time.

6c20446c-831b-d701-2f69-32a8bf2e78f5.jpg

we all know that as the rig changes hands the lights and siren changes. know to what ends you guys do to get it as close as possible just wondering if this is what they used. one can never go wrong with lights as you can always find a in-service pictures in any set up.

THANKS STEVE...that's a much clearer picture of the faded xerox'd we had to work with. Now it looks more like some type of "strobe" type light bar and not a TwinSonic? (*) The Twin CJ-184's were also originally added by Kevin Lynch and retained by us. The "RA-741" was what I thought it "could have been" with Lewis County. THX-MM

Back