1966 Superior

I've looked at this car 3 times now and each time it gets worse.

It will need alot of body work. Previous bondo up most of the sides 1/4 of the way up. Rockers are shot, entire floors in the front will need done. Not sure how far back the rot goes. Needs complete redo n the upholstery and head liner front and back. What I can see of the sides above the wheel wells is not promising. Significant rust through some of the side members.

Pt compartment floor will need replacing. Windshield glass needs replacing.

Drip rails rusted through on entire vehicle. Rear left side compartment rusted through.

I don't know what shape the frame is in as it was parked in between 2 other vehicles and there wasn't enough room to crawl under it.

Here are some interior shots from last Spring.

2000 still seems like a lot. I think this is too far gone now but I'd appreciate hearing other points of view.

Attachments

• P1110560.jpg
    P1110560.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 488
  • P1110562.jpg
    P1110562.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 484
  • P1110563.jpg
    P1110563.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 482
  • P1110565.jpg
    P1110565.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 497
  • P1110566.jpg
    P1110566.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 486
  • P1110572.jpg
    P1110572.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 486
  • P1110571.jpg
    P1110571.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 482
  • P1110586.jpg
    P1110586.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 479
Bill, in one word, "yikes"!! I am all for restoration, but this poor soul has a long way to come. Really too bad as I suspect when it was parked it might have been a solid project. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Any idea where it served? The blue interior would have been sharp.

Given the blue and white I'd say it was a Shepard's Ambulance out of Seattle. It does have some Pacific Northwest window stickers from it's after-life.

I've asked the vendor what his "parts only" price is leaving the motor and transmission in the vehicle. No word back from him yet.

I would be willing to bet that if you were standing next to that vehicle and talking to the vendor that he would accept any offer so long as you said AND I WILL TAKE IT NOW.

I think this is a classic read between the lines,,,,he needs it gone or FINES will follow.

As Tim said, Yikes !! It looks like the '64 Superior I photographed back in 2005, and then in 2007. 2 years of rain with a cracked window ruined the interior, the seals and added another 2K for body works. Still the guy wanted 2000$ too.

Its now owned by a redneck somewhere near Sept-Iles who screwed a couch in the back.

Attachments

• 517.jpg
    517.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 500
As far as restoration, I would not attempt to, but I cant do thw work myself, and I have seen much worse be brought back, but I agree with others, the price is well worth it to part and help save a couple others.

the price may be worth if but only if you need it or want only that one. nothing here that can't be redone. but the realistic part of selling is to realize your market. you could part it out and get you money back latter maybe. some one still has to have a need for the parts. then they have to know you have them. I now know were the side molding from the front door back are for one of these. NOS parts more then one set priced right. however when I was looking for them I did not know any were around. could have used a lot of stuff off this one a few years back. now I have no need. the other man still has 3 sets of belt line moldings to. no buyers for it either. limited cars, limited market. good luck

When closely examining the two images of this vehicle, the ones posted in the thread and the link you provided form the Northlands Chapter I am not sure they are the same car.

In the Northlands Car in the rear passenger windows there are red window decals (some sort of shield) and in the listing images I don't see them. (they could have been removed but?)

Then in the Northlands image the rear jump seat looks to have a dark red seat cover opposed tot he light blue in the other image, but that too could have been a color change at some time.

You might be 100% correct they are the same car but I just cant be sure just by the images. Just curious, because if they are the same car it sure is sad how bad it deteriorated

Back