The PCS descends on Coker Tire

Jen and I were able to sneak away from work yesterday to head up to Chattanooga for the Volunteer chapter meet. We were only able to stay the day, but it was great catching up with old friends, making some new ones, and enjoying cars of all sorts at the Coker Tire collection. You should see some familiar faces in this bunch, and Jen and I are the ones on the far left. In front of us is little Andrew, enjoying his first ever car museum and wearing his leather racing cap :)

131115_Hearse_0010.jpg

A few more photos:
http://blog.cokertire.com/professional-car-society/#more-4322

Hopefully when everyone else gets back from their trips, some more photos from museum will get posted, but below is what I think everyone here will get excited by. I missed the history on it from the tour guide, but from what I was told by people who did catch it, the car's believed to be a 1920's body, and it was mounted to a chassis that Coker wanted. Knowing the uniqueness of the hearse body, they saved it after taking it off. Fascinating hand carved cherubs, bubbled glass, and interior details. Someone who was there for this part of the tour, please post more info!

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 605
way to go guys and gals or is it gals and guys. but did any of you ask about tires for our car's come on now we are getting desperate. but nice of them to post the blog and not what mention gostbusters.

Here's my contribution from the meet! Had a fantastic vacation
(will do pix in sets of 5)

Coker Tire

IMG_1799_zps22952965.jpg

Honest Charley's Speed Shop (next door to Coker)

IMG_1801_zps7052a2c4.jpg

Indian neon!

IMG_1822_zps1a0855c7.jpg

SOME of the bikes in the museum, a whole wall of them in this shot

IMG_1829_zpse0949ad6.jpg

Loved this car-hop neon!

IMG_1833_zpsd38ef5cb.jpg

This i'll NEVER forget, Bea's Restaurant! Been there 50 years with a unique serving concept... you order nothing... they bring everything out on trays and place them on the "lazy susan" in the middle of your table. Best home-cooked from scratch meal i've had in YEARS!

IMG_1856_zpse95873df.jpg

Danny's new car lot wrecker for repo of golf carts i'm guessing? LOL
IMG_1854_zps0a168386.jpg

...Then "Bob the builder" showed up to take HIS truck back... wait that's Jeremy!
IMG_1855_zpsda3e2741.jpg

Never know what you'll see in the motel parking lot!?!?
IMG_1858_zps5ca578ea.jpg

IMG_1857_zps82aa8eb9.jpg

Last edited:
A few shots of the hearse body @ Coker tire

IMG_1838_zps7d71ff69.jpg

IMG_1842_zps1bb39c35.jpg

Close-up of the design... amazing!
IMG_1839_zpsc7e4366c.jpg

IMG_1841_zpsfa8ec0e8.jpg

The hearse body was stored in a building not normally seen by the public, we felt honored to be taken there and shown the hearse

Danny's combo @ the motel
IMG_1844_zpsc9cf9587.jpg

thanks almost like being there, miss the chatter though. I do have a pictured of one of the Yellowstone buses in Yellowstone after they were rebuilt. added a modern power train and things like AC at are necessitates now days.

Back