Procars in tv and movies

Abe Bush

PCS Member
I thought it would be cool to share photos or screenshots from pro cars featured in movies and television!

Below are some screen captures I took of my favorite scene from the 1976 movie "Mother Jugs and Speed" by 20th Century Fox starring Raquel Welch, Bill Cosby, Harvey Keitel, and Larry Hagman!

As much as I love the "chase scene", where the cops are following Raquel Welch Code 3 to a supposed medical emergency, that poor 1972 Superior Cadillac 54" High Headroom ambulance!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Part 2 to follow...

Last edited:
I actually watched this chase scene in slow motion, and I really think that Raquel Welch was the one driving it like that! Either that, or she had a very closely matched body double doing the amazing stunt driving!

I'm sure this is a stretch, but I wonder if they intentionally chose a Superior ambulance for this scene (rather than an M+M or S&S) because of the fiberglass roof which, as Superior advertised, lowered the center of gravity and made the car a lot easier to control?

In this particular scene, they came rather close to rolling that beautiful Superior more than once.

There's only a couple of quick shots of it, but in my favorite movie (The Blues Brothers) Cab Caloway is seen driving a black cadillac flower car, my guess is a 67 or 68 vintage.

as the saying goes bet they used up more then one superior. they most likely used t because getting a few of them that looked alike was easy. the shot were the 71 CB comes across the golf course . you watch it and they did a nose dive with the olds and shoved the front bumper way up.

Back