July 4th-What are you doing....

As of today Terri and I will break out the Lifeliner and attend the Port Orange Car Show Wednesday afternoon/evening. Line up starts at 4 and we stay for the fireworks.:thumbsup: I hear the Godfather may make an appearance too with one of his cars.

im taking my 99 crown victoria police interceptor and participating in 2 different parades with the restored emergency vehicle association

I will just be doing some fireworks in front of my house, nothing special. Although this past weekend I participated in my first parade and I was in a carshow at a fireworks show.

probably pull the lion threw the forth parade got the Geo back together so it's take is up for the fire works.

I will have one of Our Restored Fire Engines (a 1971 CROWN Firecoach Pumper) at the Julian 4th of July Parade in San Diego County.

4th

Working the day watch but out on the road actually doing REAL police work. Then home to grill some brats and drink some beer like the founding fathers intended me to do

As of today Terri and I will break out the Lifeliner and attend the Port Orange Car Show Wednesday afternoon/evening. Line up starts at 4 and we stay for the fireworks.:thumbsup: I hear the Godfather may make an appearance too with one of his cars.

Life on the river is always better! Hopefully we will be enjoying the Mississippi River!

I started a 2 week vacation today, gonna stay home and take care of some things. We're also "pup sitting" the grandpups, Rob and his family are in Florida at Disney World. Tomorrow we're gonna have a cookout with Barb's brother and his wife, and Brad and his family then go watch fireworks.

At least I'm not on the road today with all the morons. Staying home and knocking back a few Buds!!!

The 4th is just like any other day in the life of the retired people. We get up in the morning, with nothing to do, and by noon, we have half of it done. We then stop, so we will have nothing to do tomorrow, and the cycle starts all over again.
I really feel badly about Chief Ron having to do "real police work", one day a year! He is the roll model that every public servant looks up to, and tries to emulate. I believe that we should declare a day in honor of Chief Ron. :D

Planning to watch a Capital 4th on PBS and hope someday we will be friends again and not a security risk!!but to all my friends a happy fourth and enjoy the hot dogs and beer Ron..

Planning to watch a Capital 4th on PBS and hope someday we will be friends again and not a security risk!!but to all my friends a happy fourth and enjoy the hot dogs and beer Ron..

don't buy into the news we are always best friends. administration come and go friends are fore ever.

we did the parade. Kandy did not think she could get into the jeep so we pulled the lion with the Chevy. the local volunteers knows know to cool off the crowd. pictures here https://www.dropshots.com/jer57747/date/2018-07-04/09:39:27

Attachments

• IMG_7595.jpg
    IMG_7595.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7613.jpg
    IMG_7613.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 165
Here are a few pictures from the Port Orange Classic Car 4th of July Car Show. Met up with Bill and Karen enjoying the evening and fireworks. What Terri enjoyed most were the stories. Seems everyone had a story about an old ambulance in the their past. The clown said he remembers his mother driving an ambulance in 1975 similar to the Lifeliner.

Attachments

• l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 131
  • l4.jpg
    l4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 134
  • l5.jpg
    l5.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 130
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 130
  • l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 129
one can stir up a lot of memories with a car. here we are heading over to the open spot so we can see the fire works

Attachments

• IMG_7617.jpg
    IMG_7617.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 139
1996 Roadmaster Wagon and 1991 S&S Hearse, with temps in the mid to upper 90's it was to hot for the antique stuff.

Attachments

• 98 hearse 610.jpg
    98 hearse 610.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 103

Always remember, the people are still the same, even if government policies change, friends are always friends. No matter how ridiculous our government gets, always remember that many Americans feel mighty embarrassed by these new government policies and wish to go back to the old days of not too many years ago and a sense of "normal" to return to our country.

Back