1967 Cadillac Hearse turned into ECTO-1

Just what we need another incorrect Ecto. I dont have a problem with someone building an Ecto (I love the Ecto), I just have a problem on making an incorrect one.
I love how they made a big deal of everyone checking it out and taking pictures. I have the same reaction with my stock coaches.

Ya Ok what ever. drove the 58 down to the parts store a bit back and some guy driving past had to stop come back and get a pictures of it. we get it done and maybe there would be two. Brendosn 63 got the same reacton finished. the problem is this man could have got one of the right ones all ready done for just a little more then he has invested it the incorrect one. we all know that driving down the road in ours the publick really likes to see them. it's not crushed and it would go back easily. be a nice follow up on how long it takes for him to lose intrest and let it sit in the back yard. thats the part I hate to see.

Talking about Demolition derby with hearses, I heard that another classic will be destroyed this summer at St-Georges Derby. They smashed a '67 Superior sideloader and a '69 M-M combo last year, I saw some pics of a '73 crown sovereign that will be destroyed. No way to save the car...

Some folks just don't care

A real shame to see how some people can misuse a car,there are already too
many ECTO clones,both good and bad.love the original,hate the clones.

most are poorly done,but most people don't know the difference!!!!!!!

i just wish that people would quit distroying nice professional cars.:myopinion:
have not seen any hearses or ambulances in a demo derby ever.
by the way,in england,they are called"banger races":British_flag_smi:

The guy should be handcuffed and put in his own jail! The reporter even had the wrong year hearse pictured at the start of the story when he said the origional was on a 59 gm chassis.

Yeah, anyone who would do that to a 67 pro-car is DISGUSTING!

413763_446006418766448_131572863_o.jpg

Mine needed to be repainted, so I figured why the heck not. I've had this car 16 years, its been all over, been painted 3 times since I've had it and I can put it all back stock if I want to, whenever I feel like. People get all tweaked out of shape about a few holes drilled in a car. And I like the post from earlier...if someone makes one on a 59 Futura body, people get upset, if someone builds one on the wrong body, people get upset. I wanted to be able to take my car out and really turn some heads and promote my businesses and my son's PTA with it, so this made sense for me. As far as driving a stock coach getting as much attention from the public as an Ecto-clone....uh uh.....not even close. I've been driving stock coaches from 56-86 for almost 2 decades and nothing garners nearly as much attention as Ecto.

BTW, I saved this 67 from the crusher in 98. It took some metal fabrication and every dollar, spare minute and drop of sanity I had and at several points, it was the only car I had to drive. I've risked my life twice to save it from flooded areas (had to sneak past the cops), so I don't feel at all bad about giving her a Ghostbusters make over.

Alex Lohmann

Back