1955 Pontiac Pathfinder Ambulance

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
When designed and introduced, these "budget" Superior-Pontiac Pathfinder ambulances were aimed at the South American export market. However a few were retailed right here in North America and....here's one of them! The rear quarter windows were panelled over and the left rear side door is a non-functional dummy. Interesting vehicle. Not all that costly either - relatively speaking. Worth saving for its rarity alone. Hope it gets saved.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5557222835.html

This one has been offered for sale before. I will never understand why people think that leaving the barnacles on a car will not affect their ability to sell it. Just cleaning up a car like this can make a $1000 or more difference in selling price!

When designed and introduced, these "budget" Superior-Pontiac Pathfinder ambulances were aimed at the South American export market. However a few were retailed right here in North America and....here's one of them! The rear quarter windows were panelled over and the left rear side door is a non-functional dummy. Interesting vehicle. Not all that costly either - relatively speaking. Worth saving for its rarity alone. Hope it gets saved.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5557222835.html

Pressure wash that thing and you'd be surprised....

It's surprising that the (GLASS) S&M's are still intact. We have a 1956 Superior-Pontiac that was owned and used by the PERINI CORP (NY) as a construction standby Ambulance (painted CAT yellow) for 5 years while they built the Oroville Dam / Feather River Project in CA. It has been in "queing" for the past 18 months, but is getting closer to the "front burner" for a complete rehab now that the Criterion is finished. (*) Dan Scully helped us find and purchase this vehicle that had migrated to Victorville after being sold at a heavy equipment auction in Sacramento 25+ years ago. MM

knowing the country I can say it's fuzzy green with streaks of black. kind of like the out side. you leave a car in this country for a year in one place this stuff starts growing out of every crack. my son has a car he has a title problem with. I suggested he at least clean off the moss. he told me he power washed it just last fall. it looks like the hull of a boat left in the ware for years.

It's surprising that the (GLASS) S&M's are still intact. We have a 1956 Superior-Pontiac that was owned and used by the PERINI CORP (NY) as a construction standby Ambulance (painted CAT yellow) for 5 years while they built the Oroville Dam / Feather River Project in CA. It has been in "queing" for the past 18 months, but is getting closer to the "front burner" for a complete rehab now that the Criterion is finished. (*) Dan Scully helped us find and purchase this vehicle that had migrated to Victorville after being sold at a heavy equipment auction in Sacramento 25+ years ago. MM

I just gave our's to good friends Hewy & Ruth Wick... it had been "in queing" way to long and taking up room for other higher priority projects. MM

Back