Vintage Ambulance Exhaust Fan

James Fischer

PCS Member
Does anyone have a supplier or have any thoughts on a gasket/seal for the rooftop exhaust fan on Superior ambulances and others...??

There are several members here who I have spoken to that are also in the market for this item....

I have contacted Evans-Tempcon ,and they say that I have to contact a local dealer....
When I spoke with my local dealer they told me that ET does NOT offer the gasket as a seperate part....

I was thinking that perhaps the same seal as is being used for beacons would do the job if purchased by the inch ??

Thank you for your suggestions...:)

are we talking about around the lip on the cap? I have never seen one on a ambulance. I used some of the cut to fit vinyl door edge guard on one of them.

There never was a gasket. The Superior factory used a sealant called dum-dum. I used 3M strip caulk # 08578 on my car, and it sealed well and water tight.

08578.jpg

that's good to know they look to me as they are missing something. I can't find
the link to the manufacture of them. but I don't remember them offering one

that's good to know they look to me as they are missing something. I can't find
the link to the manufacture of them. but I don't remember them offering one

Ed,

Its Evans Tempcon and they call them "Intake and Exhaust Power Ventilators".
They are in Michigan...I contacted my local RV dealer who is a dealer for them...he looked up the part number but they do NOT offer a seal seperatly with the unit.....but the complete unit is available....

Fan

I ordered the entire kit from a vendor down the street from Tempcon. This is what I got. I made my own gasket. Complete details are under another post.

The interior piece was another $100 or so. I salvaged my old one and painted bright silver.

Attachments

• IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 235
Both my Superiors have a white U channel gasket on the ventilator scoop.

I took off the rooftop exhaust today as part of removing items in preparation for the bodyshop.....

The gasket is from Doug Kelly and came with a beacon I recently purchased from him....

It fits fine into the channel and snugs down nice on the rooftop when mounted...

The gasket would need to be aprx 48" ..

I would like thoughts on using this as a "possible" gasket as pictured...??

bth_014_zpsd60c5a5d.jpg

bth_015-1_zpsbcfdb4c3.jpg

016_zps8ec7824c.jpg

Last edited:
it would be a personal preference kind of thing. as they are not offered by the manufacture. like I said I have used some of the vinyl door edge guard to help finish it off

it would be a personal preference kind of thing. as they are not offered by the manufacture. like I said I have used some of the vinyl door edge guard to help finish it off

Your right Ed......I think its a personal preference......

The door edge gaurd might be a bit more reasonable.... price wise... and easier to aquire.....

Back