Removing door handle push button

Can someone explain how you get the spring loaded button snap piece out of the door handle?

Ready to take parts to chromer but know this has to come out.

Thanks as always....

most of the time is a fingers thing but some time you need to use the big pair of pliers. the cross bar in the back is filled into groves cast in the out side handle. a half twist of it will remove it. the same goes for putting it back on. it took a bit but here are a few pictures the principle is the same. the key is not to force anything and mark them. I use the dot method and a nail set. one dot drivers door, 2 next door. in what ever method you want it you car.

Attachments

• IMG_9532a.jpg
    IMG_9532a.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_10716 we can guess at the right plungera.jpg
    IMG_10716 we can guess at the right plungera.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_10794 boy am I glad I did not trim the gasgets to fet the back door a.jpg
    IMG_10794 boy am I glad I did not trim the gasgets to fet the back door a.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 103
Outstanding Ed, much appreciated as always. I'll give it a go when home for lunch today.

I doubted Paul's method and decided to wait until you responded. Paul said to place it in a vice, take a really big hammer and hit it very hard. Works everytime according to him.

will that would work to get it out. remember it's in how you ask. how was he to know you wanted to put it back together also. you find the O ring on the plunger if you get the gadgets form Rubber the right way you get then in the kit
the problem is they are packaged in pairs. so you get 6 of them. the back door may or may not use the same gasket.

will that would work to get it out. remember it's in how you ask. how was he to know you wanted to put it back together also. you find the O ring on the plunger if you get the gadgets form Rubber the right way you get then in the kit
the problem is they are packaged in pairs. so you get 6 of them. the back door may or may not use the same gasket.

Worked like a charm. Now need to head to the chromer and get it done knowing it will be a bit.

I thought perhaps I could get my car to the paint shop by June but looking more and more like super late summer in to the fall. Oh well, got to get done!!!

Back