1971 Cadillac hearse- bling, bling !

The chrome cap would make more sense if the chrome continued to the edges of the hood in some way. As it is, it looks misplaced. That wouldn't keep me from driving it though.

I looked at this coach about 12 years ago when all it needed was some new tires and a windshield but they never wanted to sell it. The hood molding was put on by the owner because at the time he had passed and his son was taking over the business. He told me the story of how expensive it was when his dad bought it an put it on. The coach used to sit behind the funeral home and then when they moved to a new building he took and put behind his house I believe. It's a sad story we see so many times they are going to restore it and will not sell, then they never do anything but let it deteriorate.

I He told me the story of how expensive it was when his dad bought it an put it on.

I'm sure it was expensive. These old school chromed caps weigh a ton and have quality chromed metal. Most you find today are faux chromed plastic. I like to salvage them whenever I find them.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 126
Great story

Cris thats nice story,hey mike do you like to savage them,p.s. Dont eat them,nice shoes in the pictures,always love your posts,thanks for call great talking to you,big brian 917-499-9994:d:d:d

Back