'50 Chrysler Sedambulance (OR) $2K (9/14)

Probably just an 8-passanger sedan, but ask seller if it has a removable B-pillar on the passenger side or a divider. Either way, $1000 is probably a steal. I sold my '52 limousine ten years ago for three times that, although it did have the original 331cid hemi.

Seller states that it does have the original engine still in it. He makes no mention of it being a sedambulance in the listing, so I would assume that it is an 8 passenger sedan. It is actually worth more as an 8-passenger sedan anyway.

not that big on old chryslers but if it has center opening doors both sides it's probably factory. the right side only would be altered. the only one I have see up close and personal was standard rear opening on the left side. and I don't recall the one of Dave's that that was at the last meet. we only looked at the right side. but it was similar to this one in appearance with the doors closed. on the right

All of the Chrysler 8 passenger sedans and limos had the "suicide" rear-hinged rear doors through 1954. Chrysler built 174 of these Windsor 6 cyl 8 passenger sedans.

Back