The Marauder armoured ambulance

at ten tons kid of hard to get it under the light truck class. but it might be just the thing for some places in the US. doubt the guns would be necessary.
rocks and bricks most likely wont hurt it. but you do have to wounder why the jeep grill

Attachments

• 2015 Marauder.JPG
    2015 Marauder.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,705
I think we can all agree that the ambulance this club considers is a passenger based procar ended in 1979.

Hearses still to today unfortunately. Maybe we should have drawn the line at about 2010.

Darren

Personally, I think that we should draw the line for all funeral vehicles at the 20 year mark. Any newer, and we are just fooling ourselves into believing that they deserve a place on the show field. I await the day that a funeral director picks up his new hearse one day, and drives it onto the show field for judging the next day. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet, but it very may well happen, and we will be obliged to judge it. Being new, I doubt that there will be many point deductions, and it could become a Senior Car instantly.

Personally, I think that we should draw the line for all funeral vehicles at the 20 year mark. Any newer, and we are just fooling ourselves into believing that they deserve a place on the show field. I await the day that a funeral director picks up his new hearse one day, and drives it onto the show field for judging the next day. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't happened yet, but it very may well happen, and we will be obliged to judge it. Being new, I doubt that there will be many point deductions, and it could become a Senior Car instantly.

then we should judge it as a "STILL IN SERVICE CAR" and not compete with the older stuff

Sorry to be hijacking this thread somewhat- but I have to say I used to not care for newer professional cars, but have since changed my feelings toward them. I love seeing newer ones and some I consider very well designed and attractive, for example the S&S Imperial:

http://www.vaughanspecialtyauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/full-passenger-side-1024x764.jpg

And I'd love to have one of these foreign Volvo ambulances (not that they're that new- but they hold the same appeal to me as older American ambulances):

http://ambulance-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/36.jpg

So, with that said- please bring your newer professional cars to meets, I'd love to see them!

It's not just late model pro-cars that I lack interest in....... it's late model cars as a whole. For the most part, I think most of the coach builders are doing a pretty darn good job of turning an un-impressive sedan(Cadillac), or less impressive cross-over(Lincoln) into something that looks dignified. How could you expect them to turn an MKT into something beautiful?

Last edited:

That cannot happen. Last I knew a hearse had to be at least 10 years old to be judged.

Simple thing to do to prevent the new hearse becoming best of show is to make a rule handicapping (viz automatic point deduction by the year) for any late model. Many other clubs faced with this have done same. I do not think we want to turn off Funeral Directors from showing their best at shows. Many also have vintage Coaches and want to show both.

NO

There is no ambiguity in the definition as adopted by PCS. Since this vehicle is not based on either PASSENGER CAR OR LIGHT TRUCK STYLING, it is not a professional car.

Back