1959 1960 Cadillac "Star" rims

Nicholas Yassan

PCS Life Member
Did Cadillac use the "star" rims for the CC in 59-60 like the regular cars? I cant seem to decide if that was the case or not. I assume they all had to be the same since they left the cadillac factory with wheels.

Nick

star rims

Nick,
While I am not sure what a 'STAR' rim is I do know there is a differences between the 'regular' and commercial wheels. If you look at a steel wheel you will see it is made of 2 pieces. The rim, the part the tire mounts on and the hub the part with the lug nut holes. These 2 pieces are welded together on the standard wheels. The commercial wheels are riveted with 3 rivets at each of the four flanges where the 2 pieces come together. If my memory chip is working the standard wheels were black. The commercial wheels are black on one side and gray on the inside. After all these years the best way to decide if it is a standard or commercial wheel is to look for the welds or rivets.
Mike
61 M-M

Rims

Did Cadillac use the "star" rims for the CC in 59-60 like the regular cars? I cant seem to decide if that was the case or not. I assume they all had to be the same since they left the cadillac factory with wheels.

If you mean like this I assume the are they same except the CC wheels are a thicker gauge and are riveted , all the CC wheels I have come across are gray inside and out. :my2cents:

Attachments

• DSC05905.jpg
    DSC05905.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 514
  • DSC05906.jpg
    DSC05906.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 499
That looks great! That is different than regualar cars, where the lip folds in instead of out and riveted. Oddly, my '60 hearse has regular ones, and a '60 SDV I have has two CC wheels! Thats why I was trying to figure out which ones to get sand blasted and painted. Then 8.90s! Firestone right?

Back