Procar Graveyard Open House

Fun items worth mentioning this evening.

RSVPs between different sites now push 70. Additional parking has been procured.

6 double and 2 single rooms remain after first weekend. You out of towners traveling great distances should call and book your rooms. They will sell out. After being requested, The Inn at Creedmoor will be leaving pool open a few days longer than normal through our event.

Grass/weeds are already being cut/mowed/weed whacked and insect fogger being sprayed in preparation. Tires are being aired up, some vehicles being moved around to more accessible areas. Less than 3 weeks to go! In doing so, realized many vintage funerary items can go as well. Cleaned up a couple podiums and torchiere lamps for starters. There are well over 100 embalming bottles too. Poor labels (glass is still cast) will be 3 for $20 and nice labels $10/ea as examples. Far cheaper than eBay. Attached both poor and good labels, then third image includes labels available after being cleaned up.

Keep questions coming.

993051_10151791916063221_664708524_n.jpg

1003379_10151791916378221_636175937_n.jpg

1176372_10151791917593221_1908049414_n.jpg

reservation made

Got a room reserved at the Inn in Creedmoor today Aug 27. The desk guy said they have had lots of calls and activity due to this open house. Their online site said there were no rooms for that weekend. I called and they told me they could still give me a room at the $59 plus tax rate per night. I got my room for 2 nights. Make sure to tell them you are part of the Procar Open House group.
See you there.
Everyone drive safe and have a good trip,
Mike

REMINDER: Rooms must be booked by this Friday, August 30, to take advantage of discounted $59.99 rate. There are 5 double rooms remaining currently. Any left on Friday will be cancelled. :)

anyone coming from or passing through the Chicago area? Im trying to find someone to tag along with/share gas expenses, etc. I thought I was going with my husband but he just started a new job & I don't think it would be such a great idea for him to call in after only being there a couple of weeks.

To combat against yard theft from outsiders, address has not been made public. (There are 3 coach laden properties actually.) For those attending not already knowing where to go, 1 of those addresses will be provided tomorrow evening. One must arrive at address being provided in order to gain access to other(s).

Good time to bring up posting images online post event. Permission is granted doing so with following stipulation: Geotagging turned off or GPS coordinates wiped clean before posting anything public. No exceptions again due to theft. A reminder of this will happen on site.

:thumbsup:Sure sounds exciting and just may be able to attend still working on a couple things. Hope Terri and I can be there!

Getting ready and loading now. Shuffling cars like a deck of cards, just to get the vacationers ready. lol North Cackalacky bound!

1240193_10201049590775002_1017423492_n.jpg

Arrived early a few hours ago to help set up. Couple others have already showed. Local FD already had 2 original coaches dropped off - a Henney Junior combination and a Henney Senior Landau electric 3-way! Can hardly wait for tomorrow>>>>>

So completely bummed that I will not be able to make it to this event. Hope you & everyone else has a great time. I am looking forward to being completely jealous when you post the photos and recap of all of the fun. If anyone is coming through the Chicago area and needs a copilot, my toolbox and I are ready to go, Id even be willing to drive a couple hours to jump in with someone.

Procar graveyard!!!

Car in primer, running,and loaded on the trailer. Hopellfully be there by lunch time tomorrow. Getting excited!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 393
You lucky sob's. Out of all the events posted on here, this is the one I would want to be at the most. Hope to drive my dream machine back to NC some day.

I agree, lucky stiffs!!! Turns out Terri and I cannot make it and got people laying all over the place requiring my services, you know how that goes.
I'm sure there will be lots of pictures coming.

I've been following this thread from way out in North Western Canada....You lucky SOB's!! :D
Please post tons of pictures when all is said and done. Have fun guys!

Back