72 Cadillac Hearse (superior) needs parts

I am in the process of doing a brake job on rear axel of my 72. In need of rear axel bearings, spacers and seals. The bearings are RSN 1584 EV the seals 9912 and the colar is o499. I also need advice on repairing the interior climate control. I got no heat. Please advise Thanks Rikk sirvanhool@verizon.net

Napa or really any parts store should be able to cross reference your part numbers. I'm just a fan of Napa because they're not afraid to pull out the books and they usually find the hard to find parts the best. If you're having them look it up on the computer, make sure they grab parts for a 72 Commercial Chassis. Most likely during those years they would be different on a standard Cadillac.
In regards to climate control......... Good luck! Cadillacs climate control systems have always been worthless since the day they started producing them regardless of year. Out of the dozen or so Cadillacs I have owned, not a single climate control operated correctly. There are so many parts in a climate control system. If you just want heat, you can always disconnect the rod that opens the heater door underneath the dash and run it constant. If it's your blower motor thats not engaging, just hook up a toggle switch directly to the blower motor. Just be sure to hook up a relay or your wires will get hot and burn up. I hooked one up on a hearse I used to own because the blower would never engage. If you do feel ambitious enough and don't mind spending a lot of money, USA Parts Supply has refurbished climate control parts. Their website is www.usapartssupply.com A good start would be with the programmer. It's the heart of the system. Just an FYI, if you're looking at used parts, standard Cadillacs including the Eldorado have the same climate control parts. Hope this helps.......

Climate control system is junk from the git go. However first thing to do is check vacuum hoses for kinks and leaks. With coach running move controls and listen for the doors changing position if they don't 9 times out of 10 its a vacuum problem. As always fuses and electrical connections should be checked. Over the years I have found more time than not it a vacuum hose problem. Good luck you will need it.

Pete is putting you on the right track. Another thing would be to check with shops in your area that have been around for many years. Hopefully you can find an experienced mechanic that is familiar with climate control.

72 Cadillac Hearse (superior) needs parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the process of doing a brake job on rear axel of my 72. In need of rear axel bearings, spacers and seals. The bearings are RSN 1584 EV the seals 9912 and the colar is o499. I also need advice on repairing the interior climate control. I got no heat. Please advise Thanks Rikk sirvanhool@verizon.net

The bearing,s are easy to find as they are used on different applications the seal is the problem ,it has been obsolete for years . The seal # I have is 5122 I know that works with the stock bearing. The easier way is to replace them with the bearing style which is one piece. www.usapartssupply.com did have the one piece style or chk with a local parts vendor.

Attachments

• DSC01291.jpg
    DSC01291.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC01290.jpg
    DSC01290.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC01292.jpg
    DSC01292.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 213
Back