Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and make it a safe one too! We should all take a minute to remember what we have to be thankful for, because in spite of our problems, we are very fortunate to live in America. Please enjoy your Holiday everybody!

Happy Thanksgiving....Paul & Sandy

Attachments

• Thanksgiving%20Bird.jpg
    Thanksgiving%20Bird.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 194
  • flamingo turkey.jpg
    flamingo turkey.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 229
As a side note several years ago a massive snow storm buried the Strathroy-Sarnia area, stranding hundreds of motorists they called it snowmageddan today on a US channel I heard your current storm is being referred to as gobblegeddan, either way have a happy holiday and a restful day.

sun shine and clear sky's here today and 40 deg and calm. took my out of town relatives for a walk thew Rushmore. it's to last till Monday here. remember when we were wast deep in October your turn.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I love this day because I always get a good handful of hours to go out in the garage and get some work done on my projects, "today will be my 58" then clean up and fill my belly with some turkey.

Hope every one has a good day, and you get to do something that makes you happy.

Thanksgiving corn !

What did the Pilgrim say to the Indian AFTER the first Thanksgiving dinner?

"We should do this again next year!!"

And that's how it all got started....................................

Happy Thanksgiviing to all!!! Give thanks not only for what we have and who we have with us, but those who've gone before that helped make us who we are today.

Russ & Barb

We got about 2 inches of snow the other day, and just saw the local weather, we will be lucky to hit 30 today, they said its the coldest Thanksgiving day since before 2000 (it was 61 last year). They also said only 20% of the winters see it snow as many times as it has by this date (times, not accumulation). I love the cold and snow, but the report sounds like a good excuse to eat all day, not that Ive ever needed an excuse.
Happy Turkey day, and stay out of the stores today. Because people think they need to shop today, people in retail are not able to enjoy the day with their family and/or laying around stuffing their selves.

Stay Home

John,

I agree,STAY OUT of RETAIL stores !
There is plenty of time to shop after this short one day.

I believe we are losing sight of our holidays,Thanksgiving or otherwise,but thats another post.

However I wish everyone here in PCS a Great holiday,enjoy your friends and families and stay safe !!:)

Jim

yup stay our of retail stores and watch football, there is nobody working those events or restaurants or movie theaters. or the 100 other business catering to the public. the 26 years I worked at the VA I don't remember taking a holiday off. did my thing and still spent time with family and friends. you stay out of retail store because the people that flock to them at NUTS and it's not safe. not because they are so mean to make people work the holiday. people have worked it since Abe Lincoln established the Holiday way back when.

some of the busiest days in EMS were around these times. but all that still we can keep the Ida that family and friends and good time not with standing we remember it because we wish to give thanks for the million things that come our way most of which we know nothing about. the unexpected gift, the smile from a stranger, the worse of support from people when you need it and a hug or or tossed in. the reason was to pause and say thanks, not to control and manipulate others so things are the way we want them. so Happy Thanks Giving to you and yours and may you have many more. you have the day off thank the people that are working it, so you can.

Last edited:
Just came back from dinner at a restaurants with a friend of 45 plus years and fellow junkman and his wife and mine. We all decided we had a lot to be thankful for. Most of all this great country where we could do our ambition and say our mind as junkmen do. I hope everyone else had as great a day and wish all the best.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukah!

I made traditional (Jewish) latkes, fried potato pancakes, for our firehouse Thanksgiving dinner. Hey, why not combine the two holidays? The crew really liked the latkes.

Today was the first Thanksgiving in I dont know how many years that I had to work so I wasnt able to join my parents for the feast. Considering that the last 2 years have been chaotic, stressfull and dramatic, maybe its a good thing! However, I wasnt alone. I was invited to a friends house to join his family and had a lovely time. Also at the gathering were a Friend of my friend vJerry's parents & his son. They are Native Americans & the son is part of a US Forest Service contracted "Hotshot" fire fighting team. It was very interesting to hear his stories of growing up on a Reservation. I have never really been around any Native Americans and found these two men fascination. Im thankful today for having this chance to make new friends and to share this holiday with them. And not to worry, I will be joining my extended family at Christmas with all my siblings & their families and my parents!

hurt myself

as a lot of you know my wife has ms and some days are good and some are not. yesterday wasn't so I decided to make turkey dinner. had a 24# turkey and a turkey roaster so I figured it couldn't be to hard so I set off to do it. I made 2 big pans of dressing by reading betty crokers instructions. green bean casserole and sweet potatoes and all the trimmings. took me 5 hours of work to do this as im no cook but can bbq with the best in my humble opinion ( and have trophys to prove it) well got it all done and our neighbor across the street had a BIG dinner for all her family and insisted we come over for some food. well we did and got really full. enjoyed it immensely. well, went home and I had put the food on the table in the breakfast nook and when I opened the door I saw a unbelievable site. food from one end of the house to the other as my wife forgot to close the dog door when we left. my deboned turkey was almost gone as well as most of the food. a big mess!! my dogs were so full that they weren't even eating any more. I was hot! but what can you do? I cleaned up till after 7 while trying to watch the ball game and was not happy but what can you do. next year im gonna buy a tv dinner.

Don't mean to laugh, but that's funny! Im sure you will be able to laugh at future holidays. You are one up on me, Ive never attempted to cook a turkey, or even BBQ, but I am a master at a frozen pizza!

Back