British Columbia Ambulance Service 40th Anniversary

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
I was able to participate in a media event celebrating the 40 year anniversary of the BC Ambulance Service.

The '73 Lifeliner attracted alot of attention and I was able to showcase it along with some of my vintage EMS gear to the guests that included the Provincial Minister of Health.

Here's a Youtube link of the Minister commenting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlDM5KYcng&feature=youtu.be

I'm the guy in the vintage EMS outfit. The minister did not quite get it right regarding the history of my ambulance which is not from the Vancouver area. When I toured him through it I told him it was an example of what was in service just prior to the formation of the Provincial Ambulance Service.

Also present was Steve Williams a retired long service EMS Dispatcher with his '57 Chev/National.

Wow 40 years.

Great job Bill,full well remember when they started the provincial service and several from Ontario ventured west to work there,(after their compulsory 6 month BC employment duty,believe that was mainly in forestry camps) you people have come a long way and have a great example of a Professional Ambulance service:applause::applause::applause:

as a yank gazing at things in Victoria when we drove threw there, I all most got run over by one of there units. it went by my about like the one in the video. but that old caddy will hold it own in any group. Bill's collection of equipment would stock a rural unit will.
I was glad to see that you at least shaved for the event. looks like it was a fun day. part of what I miss not being on a service any more are the publick service extras. they were the most fun.

Back