My latest procar acquisition !!!!!

Love you new ride buddy!!! Just remember "Rocky" in your will for the next caregiver if I can out last you. And if not make sure its in the procession with all the other coaches for my last wild ride!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT POSTS !!! :thumbsup:

A little more history on the car...

This car was sold by the funeral home to PCS Member and Past President, Paul Cichon. Paul sold the car to PCS Member Rick Stockellburg. Rick was the one who sold it to Me, a PCS Member of over 20 years.
Just thought you would like to know it has always been in PCS hands since retiring from the funeral home it served.

Martyn...

All 3 of my Miller Meteor hearses have that exact same swag curtain material.
My '60 Futura, my '62 Futura and my 62 Landau.
I have to agree, it is a great material and the swag curtains make the car look outstanding.

Tom...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS !!! :thumbsup:

Steve...

Interior photos coming soon my friend.

Thanks again everyone,
Darren

A photo of me with the car in 1994 in Pittsburgh at the Holiday Inn Greentree.

Rick on the left, me in the middle and David Smith on the right.
The beast in behind us !

Darren

Attachments

• img010.jpg
    img010.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 212
Noah

You are only a few states away from MN in August !

It will only get further away in 2015 (TX), 2016 (PA), likely 2017 (?) !

Plan to attend in 2014 !

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT AT ALL !!!

I have to agree with you... it is a Holy Grail !

Thanks,
Darren

Thanks Darren,

All 3 coaches are beautiful - The swag drapes give the Landau a classy traditional look with an air of dignity, but I particularly find the combination of the swag drapes and all that glass in the Futura coaches especially attractive, even more so with the metallic paint on the '60.. Simply a stunning car in every respect and a perfect compliment to the rest of your stable!

WOW

Darren...what a magnificent vehicle. A fine addition to your stable. It is good hands for sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Aren't you starting to run out of room or do you now have another barn to redo?

Noah

You are only a few states away from MN in August !

It will only get further away in 2015 (TX), 2016 (PA), likely 2017 (?) !

Plan to attend in 2014 !

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT AT ALL !!!

I have to agree with you... it is a Holy Grail !

Thanks,
Darren

We're planning to make it to Texas next summer. My son will be a little older then, easier to travel with (might even enjoy it!) and hopefully I'll have a hearse by then to bring. So try to bring the coach to Texas if you can! =D

Nice coach!! Coming from a guy that loves black, I do think I like this color much better. Nothing says class more than a limousine style hearse with formal draperies. Cant wait to see this in Rochester!

Ed wrote:

I don't under stand it the car in the 20 year old pictures looks the same as it does today. what happen to you???

That made me howl ! Very cool line ! ...and I am not sure what happened !

Funny man,
Darren

Bill

I have been working on the barn for the last week. I hope to have the basement of it soon as well. I have enough work with the 2 barns I have now.

I have just put windows in the lofts. Mini blinds too ! I have a bunch more windows that I may end up using.

I have 11 windows to put in the basement. 4 are in now.

I bought a 100' roll of screen to redo them all with new screen too.

Here are a few photos I took today.

Darren

Attachments

• barn window blinds.jpg
    barn window blinds.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 404
  • barn windows front.jpg
    barn windows front.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 400
  • barn windows back.jpg
    barn windows back.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 400
  • barn windows at night.jpg
    barn windows at night.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 400
  • barn sunset 5-28-14.jpg
    barn sunset 5-28-14.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 412
John

I agree with you. Being a black hearse guy as well, I dig this color and class this car has with the swag drapes. Many others agree on that as well.

Can't wait until our next get together in MN !

See you then,
Darren

Congrads Darren very classy looking and yes Colour does matter in the minds of some people.......lots of people ask me why my Eureka is not Black "I thought all hearses are black" ????

congrads again

Mike

I have a qwestion about the drapes. Is the term swag used to refer to the material or the style? Just wondering because i always loved this style but never new what it was called.

I have a qwestion about the drapes. Is the term swag used to refer to the material or the style? Just wondering because i always loved this style but never new what it was called.

The term “swag” refers to the style rather than the material.

Swag
swag
swag/
noun
noun: swag

1. a curtain or piece of fabric fastened so as to hang in a drooping curve.

Swag” is a slang term often found in comments, discussion forums and image macros used as a synonym for “swagger,” a type of style used by youth often in rap or entertainment circles to indicate style

Beautiful car and driver (the lady not you, hah), Darren! Now that you have virtually every style M-M offered in 1962 you're gonna have to start getting corresponding 1960s, right? :D That gray Futura has real presence. It's probably a combination of the body style, color, draperies…there are certain cars that seem to have this and you can't always figure out why. Looking forward to seeing it soon.

Darren, every couple years I re-read all the TPC issues and pro car books (yeah, I have no life), anyway I am currently finishing up American Funeral Vehicles 1883-2003 by Walt McCall, and your beautiful new coach appears on page 90. Just thought you would like to know, if you didn't already.

I have been thinking about what to do to make the car look even better......

I think I have found out what to do !!!

:thumbsup:

Darren

Attachments

• BWHC 6-14-14 7 Laura.jpg
    BWHC 6-14-14 7 Laura.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 262
  • BWHC 6-14-14 8 Laura.jpg
    BWHC 6-14-14 8 Laura.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 278
Back