eBay banning listings of antique lights and sirens

Andrew Roberts

PCS Life Member
has anyone had the same problems with eBay I have had with them removing listings that show old Federal Beacon Ray lights with red, blue, or green bulbs or domes, claiming they are "police items"?

has anyone had the same problems with eBay I have had with them removing listings that show old Federal Beacon Ray lights with red, blue, or green bulbs or domes, claiming they are "police items"?

They are allowed, if you specifically state that they are historical items, and are no longer used on active in service police vehicles.

iconAllowed_25x25.gif

Allowed

• Antique emergency lighting or sirens

• Aviation beacon lights for aircrafts

• Emergency lighting for toy or model cars (no color restriction)

• Industrial or security system emergency lighting

• Siren speakers

• Show car lighting (undercarriage) or Knight Rider-style kits
iconRestricted_25x25.gif

Restricted

• Actual decommissioned emergency vehicles that don't have current decals or prohibited lighting. Be sure to list these items in the appropriate eBay Motors category.

• Emergency light bars that offer only amber or clear lenses

• Emergency light bars that offer only amber or clear LEDs

• Decals for toy or model cars, though the listing has to include a picture of these items that show scale
iconNotAllowed_25x25.gif

Not allowed

• Fully operational emergency vehicles with lights, sirens, and so on

• Lighting for emergency vehicles

• Listings for emergency lighting systems that have black and white or stock images

• Red, green, or blue lenses used for emergency vehicle lights

• Red, green, or blue LEDs for emergency vehicles

• Siren controls or amplifiers for emergency vehicles

• Specific law enforcement decals

Did list as antique

i listed as an antique. Also discussed with supervisor. Still delisted. Several other collectors have experienced the same problem. At first I just thought the supervisor was simply unwilling to step outside the rules as she perceived them, but I had the same problem with other eBay staffers, who claimed because they were in "excellent working condition" they were not allowed and especially when shown with colored lights or domes.

It is so bad a local police department that sells their surplus on ebay had one booted because a picture showed the Crown Vic still had the cage in it. The chief called ebay and their answer "They had a cmplaint about the listing". I think there are those who have nothing better to do but have sellers listings cancelled by complaing to ebay knowing ebay always acts to please the buyer and the heck with the seller.

There standard excuse is "they had a complaint", however, I doubt that they have that many complaints. I believe that it is that there is a large staff that reviews the auctions, and they have to justify their wages by removing auctions.

E-Bay is a difficult place for sellers. Go to youtube and search the subject of selling on ebay. There are numerous videos of bad seller experiences.

One of the reasons why I no longer eBay! Frequently the person complaining is another seller looking to increase their own bids. All it takes it one complaint to get something pulled. The ebay police also seem to have no clue about anything.

Back