Federal PA20 issues......

James Fischer

PCS Member
Well this is the first time I have tried to use the PA on the PA20....and cant get it to work......I have checked the mic connections,............ its a brand new mic,so I know its good......I do get a crackling in the outside speakers(CP25x2) and volume can be adjusted...but nothing else...
The siren works fine in all positions yelp-manual etc.....the light also illuminates.....
Any ideas here ??:stars:
Thanks again.......

Wrong microphone... New doesn't mean that it is correctly wired for the Public Address (PA) function...

Wrong microphone... New doesn't mean that it is correctly wired for the Public Address (PA) function...

Paul,
The NOS mic is from a NOS Federal PA20..(small blue mic) that I have......just did not want to install a NOS unit if I can make the the one that is already in there work....I have already tried several Motorola mics...also.....especially since I almost never use the the PA anyways...

I am thinking something in the wiring coming into the PA20 box ?

Thanks
Jim

James,when you put the siren on yelp,or wail key the mike does it silence the siren.Because it should when folks did not hear the siren we could talk to them via the PA and releasing the mike button it continued the siren.

Last edited:
James,when you put the siren on yelp,or wail key the mike does it silence the siren.Because it should when folks did not hear the siren we could talk to them via the PA and releasing the mike button it continued the siren.

Wayne,YES..the mic does stop the siren when keyed.....and then resume ...
So I am good there......just ask my neighbors.....:4_11_9:
Just cant get it to work when speaking......:eek:

Jim,make sure the mic is pluged into the siren correctly.I know there is a slot that should line up,but i have seen them plugged in wrong before.

also,try cleaning the siren function switch with electronic spray cleaner,as the switch may be dirty.
Good luck!:my2cents:

Look at Paul's avatar. That is a true example of what it is like to own a pro-car.

Throwing money out the window.

:festive:

Richard ,
That may be the way some people see it ...but speaking for myself I DO NOT see it like that......
I have spent countless amounts of money on other things like the latest patio furniture or the bigger pool,or perhaps a new boat(now there is a money pit)...or even this months newest computer/tech/phone gizmo that was already outdated before I even open the box and will have to get a new one in 6 months......
I enjoy Pro Cars,I enjoy classic cars and I dont mind putting money into them to restore them or at the very least keep them running.
Its fun,educational,and rewarding especially if you were ever associated with any of them..like working in one etc.....
So I think MOST if not all members here really dont mind the sometimes "hassle" of the vehicle.....its all part of the game....and the rewards can/are VERY rewarding both for yourself and others that enjoy looking at your vehicles.......:applause:
I only wish I could change one thing.......that would be the ability to get MORE time........I can always get more money,but havent figured out a way to get more TIME.........LOL......
And I am sure you feel the same way......or you wouldnt be in this !!:myopinion:

Last edited:
Richard ,
That may be the way some people see it ...but speaking for myself I DO NOT see it like that......
I have spent countless amounts of money on other things like the latest patio furniture or the bigger pool,or perhaps a new boat(now there is a money pit)...or even this months newest computer/tech/phone gizmo that was already outdated before I even open the box and will have to get a new one in 6 months......
I enjoy Pro Cars,I enjoy classic cars and I dont mind putting money into them to restore them or at the very least keep them running.
Its fun,educational,and rewarding especially if you were ever associated with any of them..like working in one etc.....
So I think MOST if not all members here really dont mind the sometimes "hassle" of the vehicle.....its all part of the game....and the rewards can/are VERY rewarding both for yourself and others that enjoy looking at your vehicles.......:applause:
I only wish I could change one thing.......that would be the ability to get MORE time........I can always get more money,but havent figured out a way to get more TIME.........LOL......
And I am sure you feel the same way......or you wouldnt be in this !!:myopinion:

Well stated. Its not about the money, its about the enjoyment these cars bring you. People would have me locked in a looney bin if they actually knew how much I had wrapped up in my 85 Superior FWD over the years.

Well stated. Its not about the money, its about the enjoyment these cars bring you. People would have me locked in a looney bin if they actually knew how much I had wrapped up in my 85 Superior FWD over the years.
John
EXACTLY !!
I LOVE these cars......sill learning a lot...but enjoying it all the way...
And as I stated the rewards are endless......
I mean when I have to get gas it takes me 30 minutes...and thats not driving time..thats PUMP time...because everyone comes from the other pumps to look at it...or want me to pull aside so they can pose with it..etc etc.....
BUT..... I LOVE IT !!!:)

Back