1948 Flxible Buick Restoration

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
A chap in England has taken on the daunting task of restoring a 1948 Flxible-Buick combination car and has established an interesting web site that documents the progress of this restoration that I thought may be of interest to some members. Take a look,

www.deadcoolcar.com

Owner of car at www.deadcoolcar.com

Hi, I 'm the owner/restorer of the car in question. Which is not the car Rich has seen. My car has been with me in England since November 2010 imported from Oklahoma and was always destined for restoration. Thank you everyone for your interest.

Regards, Keith Knights

Keith, great car. Looking forward to seeing the progress as you restore it. The car I mentioned is one that was located near us. I only mentioned it in case you may need parts. Not sure what the current status is but can provide the contact information if you would like.

Thanks for the thought, Rich. I have the parts taken care of ( I think ). I spent time locating the hard to get stuff early on during times I didn't feel like putting the time in in the barn. Had the rear fender skirts made as they seem impossible to get. One or two other parts made cos it took less time to make, or have made, than find. I'm wondering about the rear window. I have rust stains in the laminate and am wondering if there's any way to remove the stains or if any one knows if this was say a GM item that you can buy today. It's the only curved glass on the car. Maybe I should do a separate post about this.

A modern twist on the combination car is the idea. Bolt in bench seat, or bolt in roller system as used in Combination cars in some years. I have had some interest in the car for wedding use already. The car could therefore be used as a funeral limousine also.

A modern twist on the combination car is the idea. Bolt in bench seat, or bolt in roller system as used in Combination cars in some years. I have had some interest in the car for wedding use already. The car could therefore be used as a funeral limousine also.

Keith - Does this mean that you won't be restoring it to the same configuration as when it left the factory in Loudonville? That it won't look original?

Keith, are you familiar with the Calssic Hearse Register there inthe UK? I'm sure Sandra and Dean would welcome you with open arms. They are an active group based in Lymington Hants that is affiliated with the PCS. You may wish to check out their site at: www.hearseclub.co.uk

Keith-
The car will be around 90% original or more. Original materials inside. Outside look is as original except fender skirt spears are slightly shorter. I am well connected with the classic hearse register. Regards Keith

Back