Rocky has a new coach?????

Rocky

Now's the time to start a notebook with all you are doing to the car. Include where you got the parts and how much the parts cost.

It will be handy in the future for replacement parts and the cost last time you bought them, etc.

Plus a cool thing for the next owner.

You can write in your restoration notes and time you spend each day doing whatever you did.

Just a suggestion.

GAME ON !!!!!

All the best and have fun building it !

I know you will have a blast driving it !!!
Darren

Maybe two sets of books. One for the wife (if married), and the REAL book:D

Maybe two sets of books. One for the wife (if married), and the REAL book:D

Thanks hee hee, my wife is a car girl and understands the money spent to bring these around. The only problem is i keep hearing that the money i spend on that could be going to get her truck done!!! I here that lots i will get back to working on it real soon here.

well it is the start of the rebuild. Im doing a disc brake conversion to the front end. This is the same for 57 -60 cads.

Here is the pile of parts needed to do it

Attachments

• 58 disc conversion part1 001.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 58 disc conversion part1 002.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 58 disc conversion part1 013.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 013.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 58 disc conversion part1 017.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 017.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 299
The spindle brackets are from "scarebird"

it is always amazing at how much build up of grease and dirt that can builds up, especially when you consider this is a twenty thousand mile car.

Here are the pics of the build up, and then cleaned up, i put some paint on the spindles.

Thats is where it is at i hope to start putting it together today.

Attachments

• 58 disc conversion part1 026.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 026.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 58 disc conversion part1 028.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 028.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 58 disc conversion part1 031.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 031.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 298
  • 58 disc conversion part1 036.jpg
    58 disc conversion part1 036.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 295
Rocky, I'm thrilled you have this fine car and that you don't do things half-way. Get those mechanicals correct now and not worry about them later on. Don't make assumptions about the amounts of wear, either. When I simply swapped generators while installing factory a/c in my '60 Eureka, turns out the brushes were severely worn and the generator failed on the way to the Cadillac Grand National in Des Moines several years ago. I sure learned a lesson from that one! Good luck with your project. I sure look forward to seeing it some day. Tom

Rocky, will your CC rims still fit after the swap? just curious because when I tried to put a rim from my 66 Superior (drum) on my 1969 M-M (disc) the taper of the rim was to small and would not turn against the calipar.
Just a heads up.

Rocky, will your CC rims still fit after the swap? just curious because when I tried to put a rim from my 66 Superior (drum) on my 1969 M-M (disc) the taper of the rim was to small and would not turn against the calipar.
Just a heads up.

I will slid them up and find out tommorow, i finished it up swept up stuff and put tools away but did not try to bolt the rims up we will see?

well i finished up on the disc conversion, it went real smooth, the only thing i had to play with is i had to grind down on disc brake pad to get it to fit in. Here are the pics of the finished set up. I bet it will stop that monster much better.

Attachments

• 58 disc conversion 2 001.jpg
    58 disc conversion 2 001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 58 disc conversion 2 011.jpg
    58 disc conversion 2 011.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 58 disc conversion 2 012.jpg
    58 disc conversion 2 012.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 240
I would guess you will need to go to the later model disk wheels. if the stock one will go one there would not be enough surface area to give you the hold you would need on the big car.

Rocky

OUTSTANDING !

I thought there was much more involved.
You make it look easy bro !

I will have to do that to my Corvette sometime.

Thanks for the great photos and inspiration !!!

Darren

well the answer of will the commercial wheels fit, Nope!!!

i tried to fit them up.but the inside my commercial wheel has a slight radius toward the inside, it looked close. And there is a square casting on the outside of the caliper that was catching the rim, it did not hold anything so i grabbed a grinder rounded it off, and it let the wheel set closer. But still no go. I had a gm steel wheel that i had for a spare for my lowered 96 gmc pick up and put it on, and lots of room since the inside is more square on them.

so it looks like i will hunt down some newer 15><6" steel wheel's for it.

well i had the ups stop and bring me more stuff today for the 58.

what you are seeing here is a new reproduced gas tank from "auto city classic inc" looks very nice. I also ordered a new sending unit, and new straps and bolts.

I thanked them for taking the time to make some of these parts that we know there is not alot of people looking for.

Also posted some pics of my old tank, you see why it needed to get replaced. As kurt said he had a intresting story to how that happened.

Attachments

• 58 gas tank 002.jpg
    58 gas tank 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 372
  • 58 gas tank 003.jpg
    58 gas tank 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 58 gas tank 004.jpg
    58 gas tank 004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 363
  • 58 gas tank 005.jpg
    58 gas tank 005.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 58 gas tank 006.jpg
    58 gas tank 006.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 374
how are the fuel lines set up? it's reported to be the tank out of the 57 fleetwood in the 58 CC. I have not checked for awhile on them but heard they were going to reproduce them. the sending unit is the same CC from 57 to 70. they have them still priced around 550 for the tank and 90 for the sending unit?
that's what I had heard they were going to be.

i will have to change my fuel lines i want them all new. The tank was $499 the whole set up tank, sending unit and straps and bolts and shipping $594.00

are your going to try to order them? or do it in house? I'm in the same boat with this 58 here the lines were cut in back and are none existent from the fuel pump up. we should have waited. but we did get a nice NOS tank from a original donor with only 300,000 miles on it with only mild problems of loosing the spacer out of one fitting and some one soldering the line back in. cherry for a 57 tank.

im going to just make up the lines when i get to that stage on this one. Im going to change the master cylinder/ power brake booster ect. So im going to have to make the brake lines, i will just keep going and make the fuel lines also.

these guys do a nice job for a decent price. we used them on the 72 and the 69. http://www.inlinetube.com/ I never asked them about the undercarriage stuff for the CC cars. about the only difference would be the length of the center doors. that told gal of yours looks under neath about like this one here and the Seville and the stoner. a little power wash knock off any flakes and scale and dab on the Bill H miracle paint will make all the difference when you put the new tank back in.

I had another stop from my ups guy again, another piece to getting this girl back on the road safe again.

They are radial wide whites from coker tire, their american standard tires 3 1/4 white wall.

Attachments

• DSCN0661.jpg
    DSCN0661.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN0662.jpg
    DSCN0662.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 214
Back