1952 Caddilac series 75 Durham limousine

I may have to call BS on this listing. He had better have dam solid documentation on what he is claiming. Looks waaaay too cheesy/tacky to be a Presidential commission. I would actually call it gross.

I have no doubt the body work is Durham. George Hamlin owns a Durham Packard, I had a 66 Rolls that was a Campbell Soup heiress car and the roof and window treatment the same. Plus being in the Philadelphia area many other similar Durham efforts are seen. HOWEVER the interior is another story Enos Durham would roll over in his grave if he saw this one,for that matter so would the General. One can only label it pimp modern UGH!!! Talk about badly spent $$$ perhaps a dope crazed rock star?

I love what Durham did, but the white vinyl top, white vinyl interior, and ridiculously small radial tires have to go!

Going to have to back peddle a bit here the rear window is NOT Durham theirs was more of a smooth oval. Now it could be the "restorer" took poetic license with it cause the wood frame Durham used had a habit of rotting with age. As has been said would like to see the "documentation" perhaps signed by Walt Disney?

Even I would have to wonder at this claim ,was not DDE president at Columbia university at this time prior to the White house years,just wondering?

I just don't understand you guys. he has papers from the state of Florida. but the interior is typical after market upholstery shop. those guys just know they can go better then factory and are itching to prove it.

Attachments

• 1952.ajpg.jpg
    1952.ajpg.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 237
No one (including the seller) has mentioned that the supposed builder's name was Derham, not Durham. :)

The letter is an old photostat, similar to what we saw with another questionable presidential car a couple years ago. Do you consider that full documentation?
Maybe it's Bull Durham.

Back