Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale To The Public At Large

For Sale To The Public At Large For Sale items must contain a price, and be owned by you and Pro Car related. All questions, price negotiations, etc., must be done by Private Message or eMail. Once sold, please make a final post indicating that. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Special Note, when doing business with others ask for references etc., Buyer and Sellers Beware, we hope each person is honest, however, buy and sell at your own risk.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,263 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default For Sale! Parts & Pieces For 68 Superior

I am in possession of many parts and pieces from the 1968 Superior Cadillac Rescuer ambulance that was pulled from the woods and disassembled by Vincent Donato. I thought it was fabulous, that he realized that some, if not all of these items might be needed by some of us. Although there was no intention of buying any of these parts, I did buy a group of parts and we drove to pick them up. As we were there, he showed us other parts and my wife told me we should buy them, so we made a deal and rented a minivan and spent the entire day to go get them. I don't need any of it, so I hope we have interested buyers here. Whether we break even, or make a few bucks, it is important to us to find homes for everything.

Currently, I am not even sure of exactly what we have. Everything is dirty and some of it has rust. Perhaps over time, I will see how well everything cleans up, take pictures and sell them one piece at a time. For the sake of moving some of it, if you are interested in a bargain, here is a partial list of what I know we have.

Prices are Plus Shipping and I will accept Paypal.

1 Pair of jumpseats, complete, one in very good condition, the other has some wear and tear. Red in color. $175 for the pair.

2 Spare tire cover, red in color, nice condition. $45

3 Loading door interior panel in red, with the aluminum, pretty decent shape. $50

4 A pair of the aluminum interior door panels, left and right. $60

5 Cotlock Bar, a bit crusty, but I think it cleans up with some elbow grease. $40

6 Ambulance cot, with mattress, of circa 1968 vintage, needs a good cleaning and polishing. $175

7 Upper cabinet doors, look decent. $50 for the pair

8 Front switch panel for lights and siren. $75

9 Rear switch panel for heat, AC, fan, light $75

10 Misc exterior stainless, I would say it is decent, there are a half dozen, or more pieces. $125

These are the items I remember seeing, there might be more. Truthfully, I really don't have a clear idea of how much these items are worth, hopefully they are worth more, but you are welcome to make offers. I most likely won't have time to clean and photograph these items for at least a month, so if an item is not sold sooner, it might find its way to ebay. Please know that these items were all worth saving and I think they should be worthwhile, but I have never sold parts before.

PM me with questions, offers, etc.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Marcy For This Useful Post:
Kurt Arends (09-29-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 11:04 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,263 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default First Item Sold!

The spare tire cover is sold.
Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:00 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,641 Times in 2,124 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the spare tire cover Bill! The red vinyl with white piping is a dead-on match for the interior in my '75 Superior 54" ambulance! It cleaned up beautifully and is in amazing condition, given the condition of the rig that it came out of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (09-29-2017)