"Humble Heroes" book-funeral home ambulance service

I've heard from a couple of people recently who said they had difficulty finding a copy of "Humble Heroes", my book about funeral home ambulance service. I therefore figured I would re-post it here since it's been about a year since I last posted it.

The book sells for $12, plus $2 shipping. It is available directly from me at P.O. Box 103, Blanchester, OH. 45107 or via Ebay. For those of you not familiar with it, here is a brief description:

"Humble Heroes" is a book that offers a concise, illustrated history of a vital period in American emergency medical service. Up until the 1970's funeral homes large and small operated emergency ambulance service across the nation. Through 40 pages and 30 photographs showing funeral home ambulances and their crews at work in the 1960's and 70's, the book addresses the manner in which funeral homes operated this important public service, many times at a financial loss. Topics addressed include training, equipment, finances, what brought an end to this long tradition of service, as well as a chapter about an Ohio funeral home still operating emergency ambulance service. Softcover, saddle stitched, 40 pages, with black and white photos by Bill Dever, Dr. Jim Moshinskie and Kent Kirkley.

Back