Just call me Ed Jr.....

Spent several hours stripping the Lifeliner. Oh joy. The chrome molding on the roof slid off like butter. And, in one picture the doors are open on the passenger side with no doors on the drivers side, car sure grabs a lean.

I forgot to mention while attending the Flint PCs meet in 2009, Aaron Greene donated a set of orange door cards which are in much better shape than mine so going to use them. Thanks Aaron.

Attachments

• IMG_4631[1].jpg
    IMG_4631[1].jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_4825[1].jpg
    IMG_4825[1].jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_7736[1].jpg
    IMG_7736[1].jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_8431[1].jpg
    IMG_8431[1].jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_3784[1].jpg
    IMG_3784[1].jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 458
Richard, can you post up close pics of the upper roof trim moulding clips and up close shots of the rear tunnels with lights out of them and where the trim screws go in at on the outside and inside of tunnels?

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

looking good

havent been on the computer at all really so ive missed about you stripping car for paint. its gonna look great!!

you too Richard? You guys really impress me with your ability. I have ten thumbs, in other words, I can't do anything, but I wish I could. Keep up the hard work and that ambulance will really be nice!

Richard, this is like the 10th time you've repainted the car in less than 2 years! :beatdeadhorse5:

It looked fantastic, why are you doing it again?

Abe

the big difference is I'm going back together on my MM and he is working out side

Attachments

• IMG_9405a.jpg
    IMG_9405a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 402
the big difference is I'm going back together on my MM and he is working out side

Dont want to hijack Richards thread,but I have to ask Ed,

" What color red is on that BEAUTIFUL MM ???":)

I realize that they are all going to look different on a screen,but I was just curious......

I have been kicking around a few different shades of red.....the 70 is scheduled to go for body/paint at the end of the month....and I need to narrow the colors down a bit.....

I really like the color on Bo Pounds's 70 Superior that was at Daytona.
I also am considering "Ferrari Red" , "Gaurds Red" (Porsche) and "Salsa Red"(VW color).....

Thank you !

Dont want to hijack Richards thread,but I have to ask Ed,

" What color red is on that BEAUTIFUL MM ???":)

I realize that they are all going to look different on a screen,but I was just curious......

I have been kicking around a few different shades of red.....the 70 is scheduled to go for body/paint at the end of the month....and I need to narrow the colors down a bit.....

I really like the color on Bo Pounds's 70 Superior that was at Daytona.
I also am considering "Ferrari Red" , "Gaurds Red" (Porsche) and "Salsa Red"(VW color).....

Thank you !

James, a number of years back, I had a 67 ambulance painted a GM color called Cobalt Red and everyone seemed to really like it. That color drew many compliments, sorry I don't have a picture of it. However, there was a picture of it in the Meet Issue of TPC 2008.

Thanks Paul you brought back memories of my polish grandma,secret formula paint mixture,her favorite when asked about her cabbage rolls was,little bit of this a little bit of that some of these,maybe a few more of them,(just as she said it too).:confused:

Ed Jr. just out of curiosity,what do your neighbors think when they see you tearing your car apart,or are they use to it now.:)

Considering I'm in a guarded gated community I do get the looks. We're not supposed to be doing anything mechanical in our driveways and not supposed to even have a car in our driveway overnight.

Richard, this is like the 10th time you've repainted the car in less than 2 years! :beatdeadhorse5:

It looked fantastic, why are you doing it again?

Abe

Rusting issues along the bottom of the doors. Trying to do it right this time wishing I had done it right the first time.

he is final going to do it up right and this will be the last time.

Trying man trying.

Richard, can you post up close pics of the upper roof trim moulding clips and up close shots of the rear tunnels with lights out of them and where the trim screws go in at on the outside and inside of tunnels?

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'll gladly do that Jeremy. My molding clips are handmade by me not the originals. When I removed the moldings the mounting clips were rusted and shot. In order to remove or install M-M clips for these moldings you have to remove your headliner which I did not want to do and do not have the skills to do so. So I cut them off and made these. It's a piece of metal with a hotel drilled in the middle and a plastic insert pushed through. The plastic tab comes from door cards off mid 90's Cadillacs. I slid them into the molding and lined up with the holes and using a dap of silcone pushed them into the top. They held on nicely and allows rain water to drain through not trapping it which causes rusting under the moldings.

I'll get the requested pictures today.

the red is a 75 gm color. strange enough under the T3 bulbs it come out close the red that MM used in 69. but back it out and it's a mid red color. not orange the color wheel goes from orange threw red to purple. this one is right about half way. I refer to it as lipstick red and refrigerator white. it's one of these colors you look say and say thats red. like Richards Omaha Orange you never question the color. you know it's orange in any light.

the red Steve is referring to is gm code number 48 this one here is 76 GM used both a number of years. Omaha Orange is 516 truck color. the color MM used on the 69 was I'm guessing code 55 I have found that MM used the GM code in there numbering system but not all the time did that code show up on that date in the gm line up.

Back