Measurements needed

I need someone who has a 71-73 S&S Victoria or combo that can measure the font door and side door horizontally across the top of the midline body chrome. If anyone can do this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Chris - I have some dimensional drawings of these cars that were provided to S&S dealers when the vehicles were new. These show that the front doors measured 52.5-inches in length and the rear doors 45-3/4 inches in length.If you wish, you can send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send you scans of these drawings. Hope this helps.

you will find S&S is alone on the moldings. don't forget that ends which are different also between the car brands

Doors

I need someone who has a 71-73 S&S Victoria or combo that can measure the font door and side door horizontally across the top of the midline body chrome. If anyone can do this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Chris - I have some dimensional drawings of these cars that were provided to S&S dealers when the vehicles were new. These show that the front doors measured 52.5-inches in length and the rear doors 45-3/4 inches in length.If you wish, you can send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send you scans of these drawings. Hope this helps
If you need something else and Keith's info does not work for what you need I have all 5 doors from a 72 .Solid and rust free if you need doors or other measurements let me know.

I have all 4 doors from a 75 S&S hearse that I'm trying to put on my 73 S&S hightop. They are the right measurement but will not line up. I have adjusted on the hinges until I'm throwing stuff and they will not line up. I was trying to figure out if the door lengths differed from 71-76.

The doors might be the same dimensions, but the hinges might be different. Never assume anything to be the same when swapping parts from different years, or models in the same year and brand.

If you can line up the trim on the bottom of the glass and the doors open. And close your good. You may end up moving the center molding. They did those fits in final assembly the only constant one would be the gm fender one

The front doors sit to far back and the two middle doors sit to far foward. I have swapped the hinges back and forth to see if that would adjust them and it didn't work. The front door hinges have been adjusted as far foward as the can on the post and the rear hinges have been adjusted as far back on the post as they can.

Just for the confirmation of fitment, put the original doors back onto the car, and see if you can fit them. Then compare the fit of one side with old doors, with the other side with the new doors. Whatever is different, should become evident quickly by looking from side to side.

shim the read door hinges. you can cut them out of a flat piece of steel the proper thickness. that is guessing that they are not front opening doors.

the other fix is to remove the door and grind down the offending edges and then weld the lip back up. or

rat tail file and make the slots in the hinges longer the direction you need to go. a 1/8 in on both doors is a lot

or a combination of both. this is why I have never tried to change a door but would rather fix what I have. they are each one custom fit not mass produced.

but unless they are over laping and they both open and close with other one closed you may be as good as it gets.

Chris - I measured all three of my '76s and had a friend measure a '73 - 52 1/2" on the front door, 45 1/2" on the back door (even my '67 is 45 1/2" on the back door) - but a couple of the doors are as much as 1/4" larger. One thing I did not check between the '76 and '73 - I did not look to see if there was a difference in the construction of where the hinge mounted - but if you want I can check my cars for that this weekend.

Back