1971 Suburban

Always a project worth saving if their not the ones saving it.

Would you rather it not be saved?

I purchased a '74 M-M Lifeliner knowing full well that I will not be the one restoring it. My only objective in purchasing it was to see to it that it ended up in the hands of someone who would restore it. I knew that, had I not been the successful bidder at this live auction, it would have been either scrapped or left outside where it would continue to rot into the ground. When all is said and done, I doubt that I will make a nickel on it, but it will be saved. I have no issue with someone grabbing a neglected coach and flipping it to someone who will do something positive with it. It looks like the seller is reasonable in what he is hoping to get for this one.

White vehicles always look the worst when they are weathered.

I would still rather buy one looking like this than the same vehicle with a shiny Maaco paint job over un-told amounts of bondo.

It is impossible to tell what is surface rust and what is threw. But I don't see anything to get scared of. You can buy the tickets and patch palels for it. In fact you can buy every thing for the stock truck. The interier show the right side cabinet is gone but the divider is still there. Buy the rig get it home and you gat another 10 g into fixing it about double that if your paying some one else to do it. Then there is the mechanical. I like the 71 best but you look hard at that grill it brakes.

Phew, sure glad I bought a dry western vehicle. I've got a few spots of typical body rot but no other cancer that can't be easily addressed.

Ed is right, you can buy a huge of amount of mechanical, body and interior parts and pieces for this truck right out of current catalogs. Opening your wallet wide enough can easily yield a beautiful result. I hope that means this one and many more will be saved.

the dry western one has all the rubber dried up. if you move it to a wet climate it will pop threw in a hurry. each of the rigs has there mechanical and body problems. this one looks to be shat some one has done vary little to it . trust me that's better as all you can hope for is they knew what they were doing. if the wiped filler over the holes and primed it out the truck would loo good for almost a year. at the starting bid figure is a deceit enough buy . not a great buy just decent enough if you want a National. someone want to run over here and buy a 67 crown, a 75 stageway and a 96 silverado I'll buy it.

Back