Specialty Vehicle Group

Here's a teaser video of the new Mercedes hearse that's built in Ohio USA. Wonder if it's built under license from Binz??? It will be interesting to see if a very expensive hearse and funeral limo will have any success in the US. Pilato and Accubuilt didn't seem to make a go of it when they tried a few years back.

http://www.svgvehicles.com/

I talked to the president of svg, the mercedes isn't priced yet, however they expect it to :eek:retail for about twice the price of a cadillac hearse

The auto looks nicer than the new Lincoln. It might catch on, while the price tag may catch others off guard. I think restoring vintage coaches will be far more economical and with a little modification, a modern powerplant if one wanted one could be installed for under the cost of a new coach, and It would be cheaper on insurance and has American Classic written all over it.:smileflag:

why go to a new engine if your into a late 60 or 70 body the 472 and turbo 400 are a all most bullet proof package. the only swap I would do is maybe go to a overdrive transmission but if your not doing a lot of hy driving why even that. you get 50 into completely going threw a older one save the other 40 to put gas in it. or just buy one all ready done for around 25 to 30 G and just drive it. buy staying out of the 90's stuff your in classic equipment and looking good again. 90s would just make it look like you unable to up grade.

Chassis cost

I talked to the president of svg, the mercedes isn't priced yet, however they expect it to :eek:retail for about twice the price of a cadillac hearse

Why the huge premium? Are they trying to recoup the design and engineering cost from early adopters of their new Mercedes coach? The MB E350 chassis this coach is based on is essentially in the same price range as the Cadillac DTS chassis.

The limo looks real nice.
I like how the two cars have the same window lines and door lines.

Nice matched pair.

Better than the box look of the Lincoln and Cadillac.

Darren

Danny, I clicked no thanks just so I could describe the option to "remove your no thanks" but it appears you can only change your mind or correct a mistake when you say Thanks.

I think I could get used to the looks of that Lincoln. It's not what I'm used to but not many cars to day are. I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. Thank you for sharing your pictures Tony and Bill.

Back