Paint Code

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Does anyone happen to have a paint code for the grey paint used on the commercial chassis rims?

I recently bought 5 commercial rims and was wondering the same question. Rims that I bought cost $22 each approximately, to have shipped to Minnesota from N.C. using USPS, just an FYI for those curious.

Most paint supply stores should be able to scan the wheel and mix the paint to match. I don't believe that there is a GM paint code for the wheels. The only other thing to do is to get a paint chip color chart, and start comparing them to the wheel. Most wheels that I remember seeing, are a semi gloss finish.

the gray is really the factory sealer. it's not a finish coat. no two sets will look alike. GMs in these years were black or body color. they got shipped to the aftermarket people in primer and they never bothered to paint them. DuPont has a sealer and a none sanding primer that matches the color and shine well. but for me I just used the ace hardware rusty metal primer in the gray.
it lacks that semi gloss of the none sanding primer but at 4 bucks on sale it's a lot cheaper. you got time to let it dry the rustoliem gray is a good match to.

Attachments

• 140136.jpg
    140136.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 95
Back