Saying goodbye ...

When I first saw Jim's 1972 Superior I knew it was a car I wanted to own, and spoke to Jim at length about this. When it came time for Jim to sell, he e-mailed, and then we spoke on the phone, he offered it to me, and I had to pass. We never even once spoke about cost, just bad timing. I'm in the process of designing and building a new home and just had Ed restore my 63. If the timing had been right I would have bought it. My 1963 was bought in an e-bay auction from a PCS member, who DID NOT list it on this site, he told me he would not have gotten what he wanted for it.

When I first saw Jim's 1972 Superior I knew it was a car I wanted to own, and spoke to Jim at length about this. When it came time for Jim to sell, he e-mailed, and then we spoke on the phone, he offered it to me, and I had to pass. We never even once spoke about cost, just bad timing. I'm in the process of designing and building a new home and just had Ed restore my 63. If the timing had been right I would have bought it. My 1963 was bought in an e-bay auction from a PCS member, who DID NOT list it on this site, he told me he would not have gotten what he wanted for it.

Brendan, the new owner knows you love this car and he/she told me you're first in line if he/she ever decides to sell it.

I have bought 5 hearses in the last few years.

One was bought on ebay.
The other 4 were bought from PCS members.

I paid what some people think is way to much for most of them.
I didn't care, I paid the price. I wanted the cars. ...and I would again.

I know Kevin is a serious collector/buyer as well and '72 is his favorite year. I think he would have had that car in his driveway if he had of had the chance to buy it.

I hope sellers post their cars here first in the future as I know there are lots of people looking and willing to buy if the right cars become available.

Too bad some spoil it for the rest.

To the sellers, post it with the price you want.
To the buyers, don't bother the sellers unless you are interested in paying the price.
Simple.

Let's get rid of this image and stereotyping.

Darren

When I sold my Lifeliner I had a friend price and a I don't know you price. Nobody bit and I put the car on eBay! I ended up getting more money than I was asking. I don't see the harm in letting the board know the car is available, if people don't like what you are asking that is their problem.

Shouldn't we all admit that at some time, in some deal, we low balled. No one wants to pay full price if they think they can deal. No matter what it is. If its a pro car, pro car club members will beat you up on it and point out every tiny fault in an attempt to close the deal. If its a gun, a house, the list goes on. Now I expect to get groans on this but just reach inside a truthfully ask if I'm not right.
I too wish this fine example had been posted here, but I don't have the money to be fair. Some folks, even though they don't buy, follow a cars history like fanatics. Now don't read into that. I am glad folks follow these cars because they can sometimes fill in the blanks in its history. And with Pro cars, I think the history is important too.
Any way, let the groans begin!

When I sold my Lifeliner I had a friend price and a I don't know you price. Nobody bit and I put the car on eBay! I ended up getting more money than I was asking. I don't see the harm in letting the board know the car is available, if people don't like what you are asking that is their problem.

By the way Scott, not to get too far off topic, I saw your Lifeliner and a 66-67 S&S Combination in the lobby of an ambulance service north of Boston. It looks good.

I do see where he is comming from. I remember many years ago when I had a running and driving fair condition 70 C/B olds ambulance and could not even give it away here, you could drive it home for $500 yet no one wanted it. It even had all good glass. I sold it to a friend for $100, he pulled the engine and junked the rest.
A few years ago I sold a 51 Barnette Pontiac ambulance on Ebay, for alot more than I knew I gould get here. I prolly could not give it away here.

Here's a shot of the Sandwich, MA car; I can see now that there are a few differences:

(SL collection)

Steve,
DARN...I was hoping someone had a previous picture of it back in the day....or knew ANY history of the car.......people ask me all the time about its history....and all I can say it came from "Boston"...lol.....:stars:
Ohh well......I am just glad to have her...LOL.....

The 72 I have... does NOT have the front sidelights in the quarters...also does not have the "name" sign next to the ditch light....
The antenna on the rear quarter also seems a bit further back then mine....

Thanks Steve !
Jim

James, Jim had told me it came from Rockport Massachusetts Fire Department. Try there.

Brendan,
Thank you for the info....I have already spoken to them twice....the first time someone said they had no idea what I was talking about...and the second time they said that they had no information on it.......
I think its a case of just not wanting to deal with the whole thing......and its a lot easier to tell me that they "know nothing"...then for someone to follow thru....LOL......so it will remain 'The BOSTON ambulance"..lol...:thumb:

Unfortunately, sometime in the mid 1970's, the Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles had a fire, and all the records were lost. It wasn't a big thing back then, since Massachusetts wasn't a title state. Possibly Jim can call the man that he purchased it from and find out where he purchased it, and trace it back that way.

Back