Amazon and the PCS site

I saw something in another thread that caught my attention and I didn't want to derail the thread at all so here is a new thread on it.

I think if you get to Amazon through one of the PCS links, you can buy anything off Amazon and the website will still receive a portion of the sale.

Is there a for sure answer on the anything part? I have to frequently order some non pro car stuff for medical classes off there and it can be my way of pitching in since I can't really afford to join the pcs or support the web site while in school. Text books and supplies are expensive :( and I have to spend basically most if not all my money on those things.

I saw something in another thread that caught my attention and I didn't want to derail the thread at all so here is a new thread on it.

Is there a for sure answer on the anything part? I have to frequently order some non pro car stuff for medical classes off there and it can be my way of pitching in since I can't really afford to join the pcs or support the web site while in school. Text books and supplies are expensive :( and I have to spend basically most if not all my money on those things.

Yes... anything that you purchase from Amazon the website will get a small commission on if you go the the PCS Amazon Store first. It is called a pass through commission, and even though it is a small amount per item, it will add up to a substantial amount if everyone were to do this. Last month, the pass through commissions amounted to $1.56, which isn't a great amount, but when you multiply that by 12 months, it adds up to $18.72. I would also like to point out that what you purchase and how much you spend is never disclosed to us, the only thing that we ever see is how much the "commissions" amount to. Every little bit helps..
Thanks
Paul

Likely 1% or less

If you wanted to try to figure it out, start an "Amazon Thread", and have everyone post what they bought and what they spent for a month period and see what comes of it.

Do if by month and maybe for a year.

I bought 8 MM books that way to help out the club but I will not likely buy anything again until another related book is released and only if they are the ones I need to get it from. MOST people likely don't buy things from them every month so you can't really count on doing an example of 1.56 x 12 = 18.72 but I get the jist of what you are saying.

And like Paul says, every little bit helps the club.

Although I do shop at Walmart, I wish I didn't. Amazon to me seems like another Walmart type shop.
Both of these places have killed "the book stores" and "the small town family business" who kept food on your families table for the last few decades before these type of stores took over.

Some things get better as time goes on, but not everything.

Darren

Does Amazon allow PayPal payments, yet? In the past, I could never find a link. As many websites accept it, I didn't think it was solely an eBay deal. I could use a new oxygen bag, the Lytport III is hard to get into some of the houses around here. I bet I could find something suitable, on Amazon. But only if they accept PayPal, that's the only way I'll pay online these days.

Does Amazon allow PayPal payments, yet? In the past, I could never find a link. As many websites accept it, I didn't think it was solely an eBay deal. I could use a new oxygen bag, the Lytport III is hard to get into some of the houses around here. I bet I could find something suitable, on Amazon. But only if they accept PayPal, that's the only way I'll pay online these days.

This was on the amazon tech forums so it may work it may not: "Amazon doesn't "officially" accept PayPal, but you can still use PayPal to pay for your Amazon purchases. All you need to do is install the new PayPal Plug-In. It's great. You can use PayPal EVERYWHERE online. Login to your PayPal account, and look toward the left on your account summary screen. Click on PayPal Plug-In and the rest is easy. It's the greatest software invention I've seen in awhile. I used to not shop at certain sites because they didn't take PayPal. Now I don't need to worry about it. "

Back