Where in the world is ....??

James Fischer

PCS Member
Our fearless leader and PCS President ??

I just realized that I have not enjoyed reading any of Pauls posts in the last month or so....did I miss something ??

Anyone know where Paul is ?

Hope everything is okay his way....:thumb:

his address is good in the roster. but the bun out has taken it's toll. so right now he is doing as others have stated they are. working on his cars and swapping pictures by mail

Paul and Sandy attended my surprise 60th birthday party last Saturday night. Both look great and are quite happy and content. My present from them was a PCS grill badge which I proudly attached to my ambulance this weekend. Paul and Sandy have given much to the PCS club over the years and I thank them for this. Others should too.

Paul and Sandy attended my surprise 60th birthday party last Saturday night. Both look great and are quite happy and content. My present from them was a PCS grill badge which I proudly attached to my ambulance this weekend. Paul and Sandy have given much to the PCS club over the years and I thank them for this. Others should too.

By the way Jim, Happy 60 th. Sorry I missed it. Had to work.

Paul is one of the most loyal and dedicated PCS people you'll ever find. He spends the vast majority of his time either working on or for the PCS in one form or another. If he's not monitoring the web site or making some up-dates or modifications, he's rallying old members back to the flock, tending to current members needs of concerns or searching out new members. He works tirelessly 24/7 for this organization. Is he burnt out? Maybe, a bit but, no less determined to carry on. Has he become disillusioned? Perhaps, the position as President of this somewhat dysfunctional organization can do that to anyone with a vision and the depth of care he has for the organization. After what he's been through in this position, he has rejected the idea of running for another term - despite the urging of some appreciative members. He has been tormented and opposed by a vocal minority since he landed the position and deserves some long-over due credit for what he has accomplished for this organization - both before and during his term as President. I am convinced that I speak for a silent majority when I say that I sincerely appreciate everything he has done and will continue to do for the PCS. Paul brought to the Presidency a keen business sense, a determination to continue to mend fences, a vision of an expanded and enhanced PCS that would be more enjoyable and illuminating for all concerned. He has accomplished much of what he aimed to do and I, for one, sincerely thank him. If he’s absent from the daily forums, here’s hoping that he’s enjoying what little time he takes off from his web site duties to indulge himself in one of his passions – everyone certainly else does.

Our fearless leader and PCS President ??

I just realized that I have not enjoyed reading any of Pauls posts in the last month or so....did I miss something ??

Anyone know where Paul is ?

Hope everything is okay his way....:thumb:

Why not send him an e-mail (or private message) and ask him?

Thank you

Thank you Steve,

That was my next move,but judging from all the pm's I have recieved from fellow members explaining the situation, I dont think I have to now....:thumbsup:

I think maybe we should increase the fees and commission a bronze statue of PAUL STEINBERG or maybe add one more face to Mount Rushmore.
Really Keith for as many people that go on about PCS owned websites and other issues that seem to rub some chapter presidents the wrong way,I think this ongoing worshipping of Paul has run its course. He has been thanked online close to 5000 times according to his stats. Lets not forget he wanted to be president and he got to be president. Ok it's a hot kitchen but please to state

He has been tormented and opposed by a vocal minority since he landed the position

Where does say you will have a dream run?

I have yet to see anyone not appreciate his efforts. Has there been controversy sure but isn't there always.. Hey candidates, don't expect it to be easy.
Now as some chapter presidents are quick to say,,,,,let's lock this forum down

I think maybe we should increase the fees and commission a bronze statue of PAUL STEINBERG or maybe add one more face to Mount Rushmore.
Really Keith for as many people that go on about PCS owned websites and other issues that seem to rub some chapter presidents the wrong way,I think this ongoing worshipping of Paul has run its course. He has been thanked online close to 5000 times according to his stats. Lets not forget he wanted to be president and he got to be president. Ok it's a hot kitchen but please to state

He has been tormented and opposed by a vocal minority since he landed the position

I have yet to see anyone not appreciate his efforts. Has there been controversy sure but isn't there always.. Hey candidates, don't expect it to be easy.

What the hell is your problem??? I've never seen such disrespect for someone who's site you use to bash him!!! I notice that you are a PCS member, who enjoys the benefits of this web-site, so for my money you are being just rude and disrespectful!! I find such conduct to be reprehensible and beyond contempt. What have YOU ever done for the PCS beyond paying dues???

When you say your prayers tonight, thank GOD I don't have anything to say about the operation of this site. IF I did, you sir, would be on the outside looking in. Fact is, I'm going to PM the WAC and see how they feel about that!!

I

I see this going on and on. The bottom line is I see no one else stepping up to do the job. I belong to both car clubs and antique radio clubs and many are full of what should be done and very few are willing to do it. In fact most times no one wants to do it. Getting volunteers is a joke you have a room full of people ask for volunteers and everyone is checking dust specks on the floor or looking at their cell phones. Paul is DOING IT and in fact doing a pretty good job those who are not happy are free to do the job if they can do it better. Mean time lets stop beating each other and Paul up over what should or should not be done. We are here I thought to preserve and promote Pro Cars not take pot shots at each other. If I am wrong let the abuse pile on.

"Hey candidates, don't expect it to be easy."

This type of discussion-turned-argument has nothing to do with the Presidential candidates. It is not our job to mediate things like this, which, in my opinion, do nothing positive for anyone or the Society.

Why not curb your frustration by posting something constructive about professional cars?

You are right, Mr. Lemon, nobody ever promised that the position as President of the PCS was anything like a rose garden. Mr. Smith and Mr. Duffy - both outstanding former Presidents - will openly attest to that fact. However, Paul seems to have been the target for every vile and undeserved attack since he became President. Like a few others he HAS contributed significantly to the organization's betterment and, like those others, has become a target for criticism and scorn - mostly from those who really contribute very little or nothing beyond paying dues. We should all be very thankful for what Paul and a handful of others do and if these people are vilified enough, they may just decide to pack it in and go elsewhere - where their contributions and efforts would be appreciated. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending upon your point of view, there ARE other professional vehicle clubs out there now that, no matter what we may think of them, do offer an alternative to the PCS. We've recently seen some highly respected PCS members - and former members of the Board - defect to one of these alternative organizations - where they now hold positions of authority. Yes, Mr. Lemon, you are right. It isn't an easy job but, the way this man has been treated, spoken to and about is just plain wrong. You never really appreciate what you've got until it's gone, I sincerely hope that we in the PCS won't have something to regret if we lose more of these highly involved, caring and contributing personalities through disrespectful actions and statements such as yours. Again, I sincerely hope that this post doesn't offend anyone - especially you Mr. Lemon. That certainly was not the aim. I simply wish to remind everyone to respect and appreciate what we've got and not to make the job of President any more burdonsome than it has to be and to remember, in the final analysis, it's about the cars.

Why did this have to turn into a "bashing" thread. A question was asked then subsequently answered. That should have been the end of it. But no. In keeping with current PCS fashion, it had to be turned into a gripe and complain fest. How we keep getting folks to join and stay on is beyond me. Yes, I realize this can be construed as complaining. :beatdeadhorse5:

"Hey candidates, don't expect it to be easy."

This type of discussion-turned-argument has nothing to do with the Presidential candidates. It is not our job to mediate things like this, which, in my opinion, do nothing positive for anyone or the Society.

Why not curb your frustration by posting something constructive about professional cars?

Thats a great idea Tony. Lets get back to Professional Cars, all of this other crap is getting old. I come here to relax and enjoy this hobby.

Back