picture request

some people call that preservation. all in your interpretative of the word. no different then make a monster truck out of one in my book. but once I sell one it's your car do as you want with it

I agree Ed. I personally would never do this (I get enough Ghostbusters comments with my "normal" pro cars) but I have seen many nice replicas, on the correct coachbuilder. Besides when I saw the movie in the theater I was 10 and I think that is what sparked my interest in these cars. I would rather see a nice replica than see it crushed.

The real point is that the particular car we are talking about here did not need to be "saved from the crusher". It was already a beautifully restored coach before being all GooBered up. It really didn't deserve that fate.

There will always be those that have the desire to own a movie replica, and that's fine, each to their own. There are enough replicas out there already and/or crusher candidates if anyone wants one bad enough.

Don't even get me started about the nice CA '59 Eureka Landau 3-Way that was bastardized into a GB replica.... Ugh!

Looks like Martyn is right. (G'day, Martyn, come visit again some time!) I'm not familiar with the car in Cary's pic, but my two pics were taken either in Lebanon MO, or Minneapolis MN, under Brintlinger ownership. The car from Vandalia, owned by Dan Brintlinger then Jeff Barb, is definitely a combination. Also, I have never seen the car with it's original Eureka draperies. Little Eureka fact-ette: Eureka draperies were sewn by Helen Yinger.

Attachments

• 59_Eureka_006.jpg
    59_Eureka_006.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 59_Eureka_007.jpg
    59_Eureka_007.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 172
If wish's could come true.

I wish I could own my original Combination once again. It still is the most beautiful coach I have ever seen in my years of admiring this style of vehicle. The best $50.00 vehicle I have ever owned. Never even got my money for the coach after I sold it, and it was paid in full. So I kept the title thought it would give me leverage on the balance. Still have the title card/registration for it. A picture or two for the society. My older brother, retired classic and antique auto upholsterer, and upholstery teacher, laying in the back load area sign says $350.00 and phone number. Era of photgraph (1973). Frame rusted through and a botched engine swap caused me to lose interest. There was virtually nothing left of the rockers to hold the mouldings on at the end. Interior was mint perfect, with roller shades in like new condition. VIN# 59Z079531

Attachments

• !959 Cadillac Eureka (open back door).jpg
    !959 Cadillac Eureka (open back door).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 130
  • No crop Scan back.jpg
    No crop Scan back.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 133
Back