third '59 in two weeks

Few months back dude tells me he acquired a rough '59 hearse in a package deal last December. No idea what the hearse is- just that it is a '59 and needs restored. Only viewed from the waist up packed between cars. As he buys & sells, I kept in contact. As of May he had not finished retrieving all the barn cars yet, including the hearse.

Over the weekend, he brought it home.

59mm11b.jpg

Looks like it is a 3-way. Given amount of attention trailering back, he's having second thoughts about selling now. Too bad given rarity. Bulk of missing components can be had from a 4D parts car - those upper door frames are made of rocking horse poo though ('59-'62 MM fit, if continuing above drip rail).

Does make the third '59 off the radar - along with two '60s - in the last two weeks alone. Not ready to show the others though. :cool:

The upper door pieces actually were only produced to early/mid '60 when they abandoned them in favor of a solid roof section above the doors. I believe 58 would be the earliest they made them from the pictures I've seen.

Back