Another 1960 hearse combo

don't know why he can't sell it. it's a steal according to the knowledge base here. I do see that there have a new, sorry I don't know how to rebuild a cab lets do this on it now

If the seller would just put a short day into cleaning this thing up, it would sell...... and for much more. If you present your vehicle as a "s#!t box", it is going to sell like a "s#!t box"!! Not that tough to clean it up and throw on some '60 Cad caps and skirts. I don't understand people thinking they need to present everything as a "barn find". That's just being lazy and it almost never has a positive effect on the selling price.

Not so sure it would bring opening bid let alone more Kurt - especially after repeated eBay attempts 'burning' coach by perpetual new eBay accounts (same seller throughout, zrepo).

Notice how there have not been interior shots? It's only "100% complete" if one isn't familiar with what the starting point was. Rear compartment floor has been cut out with accompanying hardware missing. Also note seller skirts rust issue, never mentioning it. That's because the front floors (at least) are rotted out.

Clean or dirty, I estimate $3k-$3500 tops on best day, even being a '60, as S&S is least sought after coach builder in this era. Not opinion but rather based on what others have brought. The only comparable '60 S&S I'm aware of that has sold publicly in last couple of years is Clark's ($3600?) that went from SC to CA. '59 below sold privately 9/12 for $3200, which was a pretty fair deal given scads searching for a '59. Certainly would have gone higher if hitting open market. Not easy gauging value drop off from '59 to '60 (usually 30-40%), then considering what it may have brought, before applying to eBay '60.

1044389_10151681758813221_614795148_n.jpg

Not so sure it would bring opening bid let alone more Kurt - especially after repeated eBay attempts 'burning' coach by perpetual new eBay accounts (same seller throughout, zrepo).

Notice how there have not been interior shots? It's only "100% complete" if one isn't familiar with what the starting point was. Rear compartment floor has been cut out with accompanying hardware missing. Also note seller skirts rust issue, never mentioning it. That's because the front floors (at least) are rotted out.

Clean or dirty, I estimate $3k-$3500 tops on best day, even being a '60, as S&S is least sought after coach builder in this era. Not opinion but rather based on what others have brought. The only comparable '60 S&S I'm aware of that has sold publicly in last couple of years is Clark's ($3600?) that went from SC to CA. '59 below sold privately 9/12 for $3200, which was a pretty fair deal given scads searching for a '59. Certainly would have gone higher if hitting open market. Not easy gauging value drop off from '59 to '60 (usually 30-40%), then considering what it may have brought, before applying to eBay '60.

1044389_10151681758813221_614795148_n.jpg

I would agree in that the '59 & '60 S&S coaches are bringing the least amount of money and show the least demand on the market today of "the big 4" manufacturers at that time. That red '59 S&S was REALLY rough! They did well getting what they did for that one. I, however, don't see there being a 30-40% drop in value from '59 to '60.

At the risk of perpetuating my mistake,,,,,,,the bid is at $5000.00 and there is no reserve. I have only just come out of the dunse corner for my past indiscretions.

see it does help to jump out there and holler 3 guys now know what a steal it is.

but then look what I walked across again this one has a complete front end a running engine, working tranny and the rest of the 4 dr ht to go with it. Roy got tired of setting on it so sold it to Dan far less then what he had on the glass.

me I used it for a work bench when I took the stub fender off the 58

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 186
Ed you are killing me.

I want that Texaco sign and post in the background. It belongs in front of the Mahal so you can find the place in a snowstorm!

willing to sell your 59 for it? Dan has been known to be difficult to deal with 360 days out of the year. the problem is you don't know when the 5 days your can talk to him are going to accrue on. he does have at lest 3 complete fronts for a 59 out there. also about 8 racks of these three rows high. I'll ask the next time I'm up there I'm kind of immune to most anything he tosses out. there might be a dozen or so more laying around.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 125
Back