Where there's a will - there's a way.

Math was never my strong suit so this may be difficult to follow.

Friend B told me about Project E at Location X 3 years +/- ago. There are several vehicles at Location X that Friend B wants (Project E is not one). Friend B has agreed to work Project E in with his ultimate multi-car deal. Friend B has very deep pockets. Location X owner also has very deep pockets. Neither has been able to get on same page for a myriad of reasons. Money doesn't motivate either involved in moving faster. Going around Friend B to Location X is respectfully not an option.

Enter Friend A. Friend A wants Project E in worst possible way. For over a year he's been asking almost weekly for any Project E updates.

Patience is not my strongest suit. Aggressively pursue Project E and it wouldn't happen. Passively wait and risk steadily increases if missing out. Something had to give. I've waited long enough on this one.

Knowing what Friend B wants, I diligently searched and involved more hours than I care to total. (Not time in front of a computer screen - actually out hunting down real leads while disentangling goose chases!) Yesterday, I purchased Project C, with matching numbers and clear title in hand. Friend B very very much wants Project C before impending loom of open market sale. See where this is going..?

Project C proves the perfect amount of affable pressure to Friend B to now acquire Project E from Location X swiftly - or Project C goes on eBay and will bring more money. Project E and Project C swap (not evenly), Friend B is beyond happy. Project E is then sold to Friend A who is elated.

As of today, a mere 30 hours after acquiring Project C, Location X owner has agreed to (finally) sell Project E to Friend B! Best solution possible on a more manageable timeline. The only difference on my end is waiting longer to get paid (as opposed to having Project C advertised, which may happen yet if more pressure is required to overcome any further equation glitch). That's what friends are for. :D

Relevance?

Project E is a rust free '59 Eureka 3-way that hasn't moved since the '70s.

59eureka10v.jpg

Wondering what Project C is anyway?

dsc00909bd.jpg

Yeow! There's more '59 Caddys in the second picture than you can shake a stick at!

The effort dealing with project E and the interested parties sounds tricky, but well worth it. Man, a barn find '59 Eureka 3-way is the stuff of dreams... good job getting another one to the right hands. Restoration to follow? Would love more pics too!

Whew, I'm confused... :stars:

So what did you buy? And where is Area 51?

Area 51 is in Roswell New Mexico, where the UFO's crashed. This thread is like that event... It can't be understood, and it is only understood by those that communicate with people from another world...:stars:.

I found it not only an entertaining story, but educational as well.
Wasn't as hard for me to follow as I expected.
Goes to prove that we do know (at least Attila does) what X is.

Back