Holly Hill Car Show-"The Ga-Father"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into the "Ga-Father" at the Holly Hill Car Show last Saturday. His Henney was looking outstanding. We had a great chat and met a number of people and as usual, the "Ga-Father" was plugging the PCS. He got me very excited about attending the Int'l Meet and just weeks away for that. I was there earlier in the day with the Lifeliner for the parade but.......... my BRAND NEW radiator was leaking! Can you believe that, a new radiator and it leaks!! So no parade and no car show. Bill's Buick ambulance is getting close and he is excited. Paint is done and now off to have the new interior installed.

it does not surprise me. what would surprise me is if you had a radiator shop put it in and they did not pressure test it in a water tank. we had a lot of new stuff we fixed. never put in a heater core with out checking it first. but hay think of it this way it's gods way of telling you not to do things half way and now flush out the block this time. :D but next time you find you self it this spot let it cool off and lossen the cap. it woun't build up pressure and may get you threw the event.

it does not surprise me. what would surprise me is if you had a radiator shop put it in and they did not pressure test it in a water tank. we had a lot of new stuff we fixed. never put in a heater core with out checking it first. but hay think of it this way it's gods way of telling you not to do things half way and now flush out the block this time. :D but next time you find you self it this spot let it cool off and lossen the cap. it woun't build up pressure and may get you threw the event.

I am in the process of picking up the new one and exchanging. Disappointing NAPA will not do a price adjustment for me and refuses to even give me a gallon of antifreeze that I lost.

Radiator Thoughts

There are bound to be other auto jobbers in your area that would probably love to have your business and have you tell all the people you meet while displaying your ambulance where they can get great service, parts and prices...I think the NAPA place is being very difficult!

There are bound to be other auto jobbers in your area that would probably love to have your business and have you tell all the people you meet while displaying your ambulance where they can get great service, parts and prices...I think the NAPA place is being very difficult!

It has already begun starting with my mechanic who uses them quite regularly.

you should have got the Chinese one, the made in Mexico one is inferior. we would all wise test one before we put it on the car. now me I would rather have taken the other one to a repair shop and fixed it. then you would know what you have you could be in for a lot of swaping before this is done. :rolleyes:

Richard told me that the radiator shop told him that the original radiator was 30 / 40 % clogged, and that it wasn't worth fixing. I had to call around to a few radiator shops until I found one that still does the old fashioned boil out and repair to have mine done. I was hoping not to drive into the "big" city, but in the end, that was the only place that still has the equipment. In the "big" city, there were a few that still perform this service, and I used the one that had done good work for me about 20+ years ago. This just might be the problem that Richard ran into.. no one in his area still does the old fashioned clean and repair service. Most of the newer cars use plastic tanks, and the radiator itself is a throw away.

I got the other new one and it has the exact part number but it is differnet. Still a 4 row and all that with Joe syaing it was better than the one replacing. Still upset with NAPA and will refrain from buying from them in the future. Should have Lifeliner back later today.

I got the other new one and it has the exact part number but it is differnet. Still a 4 row and all that with Joe syaing it was better than the one replacing. Still upset with NAPA and will refrain from buying from them in the future. Should have Lifeliner back later today.

you mean you upset with that NAPA store, since they are all independent stores it's the store you upset with. like everything else in life the grantee is only as good as the dealer.

So far so good on the new radiator. I drove it around yesterday quite a bit with no issues so I'm confident that problem is fixed.

you vary seldom have a problem with a new one. but if you do it will be right away. they just had one of a hundred joints not take. but was it true that the old one was just plugged not rotten? there is a man in Rapid that will remove the tanks rod out the core and put it back together for 125 and the governor's cut. standard clean and repair. but there has to be someone local there that does radiator service. you want to get that done before putting it up in the rafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back